Damaged USB insert for gimbal

Reaction score
hello all,

My son crashed the solo it hit so hard it lost the go pro. When I took the gimbal loose from the drone I noticed the hdmi insert disconnected from the control board. Besides the scuffs on the gimbal I think thats what's keeping it from working. Any ideas one who I would take that too to get fixed?

Just_Bruce is who you would like to speak with. This is what he has been doing on the side to attempt to bring life to broken gimbal units.

Maybe use search bar and put in just_bruce- hopefully he will pop up- send him a message, he will know the answers concerning the gimbal.

Maybe use search bar and put in just_bruce- hopefully he will pop up- send him a message, he will know the answers concerning the gimbal.
Why are they so hard to find online?

Go to Relish 3D .
I think they offer what you are searching for.

Any ideas one who I would take that too to get fixed?
Anyone that can solder with hot air...if the pads are intact. Otherwise you'll need someone that can replace the pads and reattach to the traces. Find someone local that does electronics repair as I'm not aware of anyone from the forum offering a service.

Otherwise-otherwise buy a new gimbal.

There you go Gabe- Rich is the other forum member who has designed special tools to help straighten a “ bent “ gimbal. ( sounds easier than it actually is) because it has to be perfect to function properly.
Guys think the gimbal is over-priced at $200- $300... though it was introduced at $399. Take a look on ebay, some guys are asking north of $500! The gimbal is high tech- and they are being destroyed almost daily, and no more are being manufactured so they are going to dry up. And the 3-axis gimbal is designed by 3DR for Solo- so it is the BEST option to obtain the best performance. Bite the bullet and buy when a decent opportunity arises. Consider maybe purchasing a complete set up— Solo, Gimbal and accessories- an extra drone is always a plus, and if someone wants to join you; let them play with the drone without the gimbal. And if you are going out just to practice your skills, use the drone without the gimbal! The gimbal has to be protected at all cost!

Hey Gabe-
One more thing, Two drones is good, three is great, 18..... you’re ready for a mental evaluation.
Just saying as my wife is driving me to the doctors to refill my xanax.

Anyone who is looking for assistance from me on a gimbal - I am currently across the pond and just settling in. I'm hoping to get some components and a board supplier and prototype the bypass board I keep talking about. But it is just talk and I don't have a broken gimbal with me so I'll need a guinea pig if I get something made.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Anyone who is looking for assistance from me on a gimbal - I am currently across the pond and just settling in. I'm hoping to get some components and a board supplier and prototype the bypass board I keep talking about. But it is just talk and I don't have a broken gimbal with me so I'll need a guinea pig if I get something made.
I have a broken gimbal I will happily donate to the cause. Bent arm, tilt might be binding a little, other than that, I'm sure it works just fine.

IrishmanPDX wishes he was in Europe!!! But I believe he is in Oregon. But he just got the little lady an airplane........ so who knows!!
It’s Friday, a good day to drink.

Is it somewhere in Europe? If so I can pay the shipping....
Nope, here in Oregon BUT I can get it to Europe, I gots mad connections. Technically the gimbal is broken AND it's one of the originals I snagged for $40... so customs payment won't be an issue. It's pretty light too. PM me a country and I'll look up shipping. I think it's a worthy cause.

Last edited:
And this my friends- is why this forum is so invaluable!

Nope, here in Oregon BUT I can get it to Europe, I gots mad connections. Technically the gimbal is broken AND it's one of the originals I snagged for $40... so customs payment won't be an issue. It's pretty light too. PM me a country and I'll look up shipping. I think it's a worthy cause.
Turns out I'll be returning to the States in early June because the company was super casual about procuring work visas so I have to return to my home country for at least 3 weeks. SO I'll see about getting a board design together then and out to OSHPark for fabrication and assembly.

Even if the company pulls a miracle out of their hat and gets me back across the pond in a month I'll still find a way to test out the end result.

Stay tuned.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks