Cyber Monday Spark deal anyone?

That’s a great price on the Spark- but it’s hard to compete with the $159 Solo deal the other day- just recd UPS confirmation that they will be delivered tomorrow. Can’t wait to see what is inside these boxes-

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
just recd UPS confirmation that they will be delivered tomorrow. Can’t wait to see what is inside these boxes-

Did you upgrade your shipping to get yours tomorrow? Mine says it's shipped out, but scheduled to deliver Dec 4th?

I realize most here fly Solo but in case anyone wants a Spark....

DJISpark Quadcopter (Alpine White)
I opted for the Yuneec Breeze 4K with controller at WalMart on Black Friday for $199! A very, very good price for what you get. Not all the bells and whistles that the Spark has, but for half the price, it will be good enough for the wife and daughter who want something easy to fly when we go to our local spots. I bought 2. They'll be surprised Christmas morning. I'm not absolutely sure(since I haven't opened the box), but it may come with an extra battery too. If so, that just sweetens the deal. I'll have to read the fine print when I get home as to what it includes.

The way DJI got so intrusive on its users I'm not seeing any of their drones in my future unless they change their policies.
I do not deny they are great drones. However, the company's policies spoils the user experience.

The way DJI got so intrusive on its users I'm not seeing any of their drones in my future unless they change their policies.
I do not deny they are great drones. However, the company's policies spoils the user experience.
Yeah, I have a Mavic Pro too, and it seems everything about a flight is being reported back to DJI's mother-ship. It's a kick to fly and takes exceptional 4K videos, and obviously very portable. Great for hiking into locations and hill tops. The RTH is absolutely the best, as it takes an image of the ground on take-off. I use a landing pad, and it will land back on the pad - precisely where it took-off from. Amazing!

You all are aware that everything we do online is monitored right? Shouldn't be any different with air traffic. Especially with recent events, I can live with DJI snooping. As long as one flies responsibly they shouldnt be worried. I can see a Mavic or P4 in my collection soon.

Last edited:
Nope. Just a regular order- but I’m next door in Maryland/ looks like all 6 made in on the same truck-

Wife wants me to consider joining Solo Anonymous.
She may have a valid point.

Wife wants me to consider joining Solo Anonymous.
She may have a valid point.
You're not alone. I'm up to 3 in less than 2 months of buying my first Solo. Plus several mods!

"My name is Brian, and I have a Solo addiction"

You all are aware that everything we do online is monitored right? Shouldn't be any different with air traffic. Especially with recent events, I can live with DJI snooping. As long as one flies responsibly they shouldnt be worried. I can see a Mavic or P4 in my collection soon.

Everything we choose to do online and depending how we do it is public. Otherwise not.

When I fly my drone I do not want an app reporting not only everything I do but also how and where I do and even telling me whether I can or cannot do it (sometimes due to bugs). If the US laws do not allow the FAA itself to force us registering our drones I do not see why a Chinese company would make me do it (clearly out of the US' legal system - cannot tell for other countries).

The latest I read about says DJI will start forcing the users to answer several questions before allowing the drone to take off. Really?

Nope. Not for me.

Well I have to agree with Brian. I have no problems being monitored because I’m not doing anything illegal; same way I feel about red-light cameras... I stop when the light is red but I watch a bunch of jackasses run straight through the red-light as if they are in a hurry with total disregard to everybody else’s safety. I have a DJI, it will throw up warnings on occasion- I read them and then close them out. And China can’t be monitoring too closely or a piece of one of their drones wouldn’t have been embedded in that Blackhawk helicopter which was flying above New York at an altitude in excess of 500’.

hey Brian;
THREE???!! My wife wishes. She bought me a Solo for St Valentine’s Day- ( Best Buy’s closeout $299 )
I didn’t even know what Solo was!!!! She bought me Solo/gimbal, 3 extra batteries, 3DR backpack and some little accessories like extra props. Then she went and bought me another Solo/gimbal in case the first one crashed! She helped me get it all updated, calibrated, and in the air. And that’s when her worse nightmare came to life.....

Well I have to agree with Brian. I have no problems being monitored because I’m not doing anything illegal; same way I feel about red-light cameras... I stop when the light is red but I watch a bunch of jackasses run straight through the red-light as if they are in a hurry with total disregard to everybody else’s safety. I have a DJI, it will throw up warnings on occasion- I read them and then close them out. And China can’t be monitoring too closely or a piece of one of their drones wouldn’t have been embedded in that Blackhawk helicopter which was flying above New York at an altitude in excess of 500’.

Consider me paranoid, but once these companies start collecting your personal info it's just a snap until they start selling it (many cases already documented) then it's just another blink of an eye to ID theft.

So, yes, I know that I'm not doing anything illegal. However, I cannot say the same for those companies.

Companies like Facebook and Google have been gathering and selling people's info online for years.

If you haven't seen this video, take a look here. Can you spell 'unintentional negative consequences' with a system like this once we head down this road?

Man I'm almost embarrassed to admit but I am up to 16 solo's and 23 gimbals, been buying 2 batteries a week for the past 3 months on top of what I had prior I lost count. Keep in mind a few of the solos were parts machines that were easily repaired. I won't go into my rc planes and 3d printers, it's consumed my gameroom and spare bedroom hell nobody goes up there but me any way. Newest craze is printinting pieces for my cnc made from conduit!

Reactions: Solo_Maverick
Man I'm almost embarrassed to admit but I am up to 16 solo's and 23 gimbals, been buying 2 batteries a week for the past 3 months on top of what I had prior I lost count. Keep in mind a few of the solos were parts machines that were easily repaired. I won't go into my rc planes and 3d printers, it's consumed my gameroom and spare bedroom hell nobody goes up there but me any way. Newest craze is printinting pieces for my cnc made from conduit!
Ok. I don't feel so bad now. ;)

Man I'm almost embarrassed to admit but I am up to 16 solo's and 23 gimbals, been buying 2 batteries a week for the past 3 months on top of what I had prior I lost count

And I thought I had an addiction!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado