Create a Thread to Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can get to know our fellow 3DR pilots!

Just bought a Solo..and very much looking forward to it. Been a 3dr Solo fan ever since the introduction and the prices can not be beat. It's too bad about the current state of the company with regards to drone. I hope we are not all left out in the cold by the company!! Wish me luck.

R.

Just bought a Solo..and very much looking forward to it. Been a 3dr Solo fan ever since the introduction and the prices can not be beat. It's too bad about the current state of the company with regards to drone. I hope we are not all left out in the cold by the company!! Wish me luck.

R.
Welcome, Rich. If you haven't done so yet, download the Solo owners manual, and read it thoroughly. Also become familiar with the "search forums" function at the top of the page. These 2 tools will get your luck started off on the right foot. Good luck, and fly safe.

Reactions: 3dRich007
HI from GDL Mexico, My name Gerry, 34, new in this hobbie, I just acquire the SOLO 2 weeks ago. I have a few flies now. But yesterday I had 2 major crashes trying to to make a video from the outside of a convention center ( all the road and the entrance then go inside the hall, the site is double high and huge). Well the first i was passing the door (see my pic avatar) then i felt the drone slip a little to the right, but with that was enough to touch on of the propellers and flip and crash from a person´s hight. Well just two propellers. I have tow more on the back pack, change, check all the "systems" works and ready.

Second try and Crash.
Same shot outside, everything perfect.... the cristal door is 10 feet away, i came close to enter the Mezzanine though the same door from the last time ( at this point i tought was my lack of practice and try to pass to close the edge of the door the last crash). So this time i place the drone in the direction of the middle of the door, and start to go close very slow, this time i really felt lost control of the drone go to left, up, not to fast but like been pulled by the glass!. I pull back try to go away from there and hit one of the propellers and same result crash flip slide, destroy 3 propellers.

I checked all I can for the drone and looks great and working. This is a tough MF drone to have all the futures it has. Now i need to wait for the best to open and get new set of propellers.

I think my two errors so far.

1 NO ask details or warnings before try an out-in door fly. ( please notice the staff keep away all the people)
2 try again with out asking
3 keep with the GPS turn ON??
4 no fu.. Idea what i´m doing
5 Just 3 hours or less of flying ( but i really felt the drone "slips" on the second incident)

I did a pre calalibraton of the compass on the first crash and the solo did not request a second before the other fly.

Can you please help me with advices, Info, suggestions or even tell me I´m totally wrong.

Thanks so much for your time and I apologize but this is not my native language.

have a nice Sunday, I will try tu upload the crash videos later to youtube

Last edited:
HI from GDL Mexico, My name Gerry, 34, new in this hobbit, I´m just got the SOLO 2 weeks ago, i have a few flies now. But yesterday I had 2 major crashes trying to to make a video from the outside of a convention center ( all the road and the entrance then go inside the hall, the site is double high and huge). Well the first i was passing the door (see my pic avatar) then i felt the drone slip a little to the right, but with that was enough to touch on of the propellers and flip and crash from a person´s hight. Well just two propellers. I have tow more on the back pack, change, check all the "systems" works and ready.

Second try and Crash.
Same shot outside, everything perfect.... the cristal door is 10 feet away, i came close to enter the Mezzanine though the same door from the last time ( at this point i tought was my lack of practice and try to pass to close the edge of the door the last crash). So this time i place the drone in the direction of the middle of the door, and start to go close very slow, this time i really felt lost control of the drone go to left, up, not to fast but like been pulled by the glass!. I pull back try to go away from there and hit one of the propellers and same result crash flip slide, destroy 3 propellers.

I checked all I can for the drone and looks great and working. This is a tough MF drone to have all the futures it has. Now i need to wait for the best to open and get new set of propellers.

I think my two errors so far.

1 NO ask details or warnings before try an out-in door fly. ( please notice the staff keep away all the people)
2 try again with out asking
3 keep with the GPS turn ON??
4 no fu.. Idea what i´m doing
5 Just 3 hours or less of flying ( but i really felt the drone "slips" on the second incident)

I did a pre calalibraton of the compass on the first crash and the solo did not request a second before the other fly.

Can you please help me with advices, Info, suggestions or even tell me I´m totally wrong.

Thanks so much for your time and I apologize but this is not my native language.

have a nice Sunday, I will try tu upload the crash videos later to youtube
Welcome, Gerry. You didn't mention your previous experience with flying, so I have to assume you are fairly new to the hobby. If you were flying indoors with GPS, you probably lost your GPS signal as soon as you entered the building. It would then revert to manual, and unless you have practiced a lot flying manually, it would have been a hard thing to do. Most people new to Solo should download the manual and study it well. Assign manual to either your "A" or "B" button, and practice it in an open area with no obstacles. That is the best way to learn manual flying. Flying from an open area in "Fly" mode, and then going indoors and having it switch to "Manual" when you aren't ready for it, is just asking for a big problem. So, study the manual, and get plenty of practice in an open area, and learn that way. Good luck to you, and be safe.

Welcome, Gerry. You didn't mention your previous experience with flying, so I have to assume you are fairly new to the hobby. If you were flying indoors with GPS, you probably lost your GPS signal as soon as you entered the building. It would then revert to manual, and unless you have practiced a lot flying manually, it would have been a hard thing to do. Most people new to Solo should download the manual and study it well. Assign manual to either your "A" or "B" button, and practice it in an open area with no obstacles. That is the best way to learn manual flying. Flying from an open area in "Fly" mode, and then going indoors and having it switch to "Manual" when you aren't ready for it, is just asking for a big problem. So, study the manual, and get plenty of practice in an open area, and learn that way. Good luck to you, and be safe.
Thanks a lot, i will do (download the manual and read it, also the practice)

So we can get to know our fellow 3DR pilots!

From Upstate N.Y. Ordered and recieved my 3dr Solo bits the other day. Looking forward Spring. I will not attempt to fly during the Winter. I have wanted a Solo every since they were announced, finally. I could not pass up the deal.

I know there are a few upgrades and "mods" that can be done to improve GPS and Gimbal action. Is there a thread detailing must do's for newb's like me??

Thanks
R.

From Upstate N.Y. Ordered and recieved my 3dr Solo bits the other day. Looking forward Spring. I will not attempt to fly during the Winter. I have wanted a Solo every since they were announced, finally. I could not pass up the deal.

I know there are a few upgrades and "mods" that can be done to improve GPS and Gimbal action. Is there a thread detailing must do's for newb's like me??

Thanks
R.

I feel for you having asked this question. Just brace yourself.....

Lol :D

Reactions: SARDG and Chuck

Thanks
R.
Welcome, Rich. The advice I would give is to read some of the posts before yours. You can download the Solo manual and use the search function on here to read past posts. Between those two tools, you can really keep occupied during the winter, and be that much more knowledgeable come spring time. Good luck, and welcome aboard.

I'm a new pilot, but came into flying from a different angle. Bought a GoPro Hero 4 Black last year for my son to wear on his chest while marching, but really had no other use for it. An office mate bought a DJI Phantom 3 on black friday and loves it. He suggested that the Solo was built to run a GoPro, where DJI had it's own cam. Found the bundle for $299, did some research, watched some youtube, and decided it would be a creative way to utilize the camera. Now, I count down minutes to go fly! And now I have 2 Solos with one more on the way. To bad I live in the least scenic part of Texas...:)

I'm a new pilot, but came into flying from a different angle. Bought a GoPro Hero 4 Black last year for my son to wear on his chest while marching, but really had no other use for it. An office mate bought a DJI Phantom 3 on black friday and loves it. He suggested that the Solo was built to run a GoPro, where DJI had it's own cam. Found the bundle for $299, did some research, watched some youtube, and decided it would be a creative way to utilize the camera. Now, I count down minutes to go fly! And now I have 2 Solos with one more on the way. To bad I live in the least scenic part of Texas...:)
Welcome, jpstudio02. If you haven't done it yet, download the manual and look it over well. A lot of good info in it. I know what you mean about living in non-scenic areas. Being in Bakersfield during the years of drought hasn't been pretty (pun intended). Now that we have had some decent rain, hopefully the spring will bring the green hills and wildflowers back. Good luck to you, and fly safe.

Reactions: Quinn
Hello guys, my name is Franco from Milan (Italy) and this is my first drone, congratulations for the wonderful forum, I follow a lot ... I do a little 'hard to read, but' I understand something or help me with the translator, sorry if l 'English is not perfect, I used the translator

Hello guys, my name is Franco from Milan (Italy) and this is my first drone, congratulations for the wonderful forum, I follow a lot ... I do a little 'hard to read, but' I understand something or help me with the translator, sorry if l 'English is not perfect, I used the translator
Welcome, Franco68. Not to worry, my friend, your English is fine. Nobody on here is perfect, anyway...;). If you have followed the forum, you know how much importance we place on downloading and studying the manual. Also, learn to use the "Search" function, and you will do fine. It can be hard with the language barrier, but everyone here will try to help when you need it. Just take it slow and easy while learning about Solo, and you will have a ton of fun. So, welcome to the Solo family, and safe flying to you.

Hi New Drone owner here in Qeensland Australia
Welcome to the thread Highman from oFallon Mo
New owner here as well. Great Forum.I think you can get so much information that has some experienced flyers

I have 1 question for this group straight up should I buy this drone? I have until Friday to decide. I'm stepping up from toy quads and this drone is a good price. Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo