Create a Thread to Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy from Texas. Made my first Solo flight yesterday. I have been flying a $60 Syma X50 the last few weeks for practice. What a step up to fly the Solo! I am interested in commercial real estate video (already have a client) and maybe agriculture consulting as well. I am a college professor with a background in ecology and botany and computer programming.

My main task today os to decide which tablet to purchase. I am thinking Android since it will run Tower.

Glad to find 3DRPilots! --Rick

Welcome to the group. I'm fairly new myself. It's been very helpful. Do you have a commercial drone license? I've been studying myself.
Hi Ron. Good to hear from you. Yes, I do have the Part 107 Remote Pilot License. I received my temporary Pilot's Certificate yesterday. I took the exam a couple of weeks ago. It's not that difficult but I spent about 10 hours studying for it. Do you have the 40 question practice exam? This is really useful for practice and study.

Hello from Naples Fl. I just bought 2 Solo's 2 weeks ago. No stranger to 3DR. I have a Pixhawk powered 600 size Trex, Pixhawk DJI F450, Pixhawk 4' Catamaran with sonar. Glad to be here. I Also have my Remote pilots license with the FAA.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Hi
I am Doug from Langley British Columbia Canada. I just got my solo and being as it is raining here today have not flown it yet. I have had 2 cheaper drones but nothing like the features of the solo.
I am looking forward to flying it and learning from you fellow pilots.

Hello- I'm new to 3DR solo but love it so far. I'm John in Surprise AZ.

New 3DR owner in Perry Florida. Look forward to getting to know everyone and learn!

Welcome, Russ. This is a good place to learn from, and everyone here is great about helping out. Use the search function available on here, as a whole lot of your questions can be answered by previous posts. Also download the Solo users manual and study it well. Good luck to you, and fly safe.

Hello all !
Don here from York, Pennsylvania. I just picked up a 3dr the other day. I can't wait to fly it !

Welcome, Don. Make sure you download the user manual from 3DR, and remember to become familiar with the search function on here. It has a wealth of information from past posts. Don't hesitate to ask questions on here, as the people are great about helping. Good luck to you, and fly safe.

Thank you Chuck !
Downloaded manual yesterday but didn't get the chance to check it out yet. Have a good day !

Good man. It is very handy to keep and refer to. Like I said, the search box is great for "real world" experiences from others on here, and could possibly save you a lot of time about learning the ins and outs. You have a great day, and the best of New Year's.

Good man. It is very handy to keep and refer to. Like I said, the search box is great for "real world" experiences from others on here, and could possibly save you a lot of time about learning the ins and outs. You have a great day, and the best of New Year's.
Welcome, Don. Make sure you download the user manual from 3DR, and remember to become familiar with the search function on here. It has a wealth of information from past posts. Don't hesitate to ask questions on here, as the people are great about helping. Good luck to you, and fly safe.

Chuck... you are like the Wal-Mart greeter of 3rdrpilots - but more effective and personable of course. :D When I grow up I want to be a pleasant poster just like you. ;)

Happy New Year to ya'!

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuck
Chuck... you are like the Wal-Mart greater of 3rdrpilots - but more effective and personable of course. :D When I grow up I want to be a pleasant poster just like you. ;)

Happy New Year to ya'!
Thanks a lot, SARDG. I am just trying to pay it forward for all the help I got on here when I first posted. I hope you and yours have the Happiest of New Years as well......:)

Reactions: SARDG
So we can get to know our fellow 3DR pilots!

New Solo pilot in Hillsboro, Oregon. Just waiting for my NEW GoPro Hero4 Silver to show up from ebay so I can start flying. I hope to enjoy this new drone fascination as much as everyone I am reading about on this awesome site is.

P.S.
Best buy is now selling off all their 3DR inventory super cheap! I just bought 2 extra 3DR batteries for 34.99 each and extra props for $2.99 a box (2 blades per box). I asked about the gimbals and those are $34.99 as well. WOW! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo