Controller still showing metric

When I asked 3DR help about this issue a while back someone named Gary Gregory told me I was the only person to ever mention this, that they had "more important" things to work on and it was apparently only a problem for me.

Very annoying. I watch the iPad more because if it. Percent battery is the main reason I look at the controller at all.

When I asked 3DR help about this issue a while back someone named Gary Gregory told me I was the only person to ever mention this, that they had "more important" things to work on and it was apparently only a problem for me.
Was that contact a 3DR rep contacting you after filing a support ticket or you calling their 800 number? (That determines where the 3DR rep was located) Either way, you should never get that sort of attitude from any 3DR employee.:mad:

Reactions: erikgraham
People in the USA are bothered by this. Those outside of the USA, not so much.

I too would like to see if fixed. It's just a minor software option for them. I was surprised that it wasn't in this update. Hopefully it will be out soon.

But in the grand scheme of things, it's a minor point, but annoying none the less to those of us in the USA.

Perhaps someone with a twitter account can ask Colin directly?

Reactions: erikgraham
"But in the grand scheme of things, it's a minor point, but annoying none the less to those of us in the USA."

I don't agree w/ ignoring to use basic US measurements, used by thousands of owners as a minor point that shouldn't warrant a change in software. I think it is laziness & shoddy coding.
Its an issue for too many that spent thousands on their UAV. The fact that it hasn't been addressed because 3DR feels its "not important" is BS. Whoever said that at 3DR needs axed.
Funny how in the app software you can choose Imperial or Metric, so its obviously important enough to write the code in app...Maybe that's too harsh ... I'm tired of making excuses for glaring oversights w/ this company...I drank way too much 3DR KoolAid.

I would like to use Metric and Imperial.
Here we read car speed in Km/h (and not m/s)
And altitude can be in feet because it's more accurate.
When I got enough points to suggest/improve, I send them a mail. I already asked 3DR for those features on my second list.

Reactions: Timothy Ealey
People in the USA are bothered by this. Those outside of the USA, not so much.

I think you might be onto something here - being Canadian, I actually don't mind seeing both metric and imperial and tend to use both.

From 3DR Support

Re:124600 Controller in Metric

Adrian. (3drobotics)

Aug 24, 5:40 AM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting 3DRobotics technical support, units can only be changed in the solo app, we don’t have an option to change it to feet in the controller.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

Regards,

Adrian Leon
3DR Technical Support
Mon-Sun 8am-5pm PST
Sat-Sun 9am-2pm PST
(858)225-1414
(855) 982-2898

Was that contact a 3DR rep contacting you after filing a support ticket or you calling their 800 number? (That determines where the 3DR rep was located) Either way, you should never get that sort of attitude from any 3DR employee.:mad:

Have to say I have NEVER got a hint of "I don't care" from 3DR. I give them Kudos for their hiring and staffing process.

Reactions: Dirby and tesmithp
3_times_table.jpg

when i got my first solo i noticed this and called 3dr.
they said they were working on a fix for this.
that was two solo ago.
still no fix for this.
is this suppose to be the metric conversion ?

From 3DR Support

Re:124600 Controller in Metric

Adrian. (3drobotics)

Aug 24, 5:40 AM

Hello,

Thank you for contacting 3DRobotics technical support, units can only be changed in the solo app, we don’t have an option to change it to feet in the controller.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help with.

Regards,

Adrian Leon
3DR Technical Support
Mon-Sun 8am-5pm PST
Sat-Sun 9am-2pm PST
(858)225-1414
(855) 982-2898

They should make the Artoo controller Open Source like Solo is so we can fix it for them.
This is just someone being lazy and/or can't figure out how to convert.
(Hey coders at 3DR, it's ft =m * 3.2808 )

Also, if you look at the Manuals, all of the photos are in Feet...

13ygcus.png

It was a call-in while I was out doing some testing.
The guy was located in the US (I asked).
As best as I recall, he said Berkeley...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela