Controller charger

Reaction score
Hi looking for a controller charger mine appears to be faulty and won't charge. I'm in uk don't mind paying reasonable post costs.
Cheers

The battery in the controller says it's a 7.2 vdc and my charger for the controller is rated at 8.3 vdc at 1.5 amps. A balance charger would
probably work for the battery. The voltage output on the charger block is a odd rating. The center pin is standard at a + and the shell is the
- 8.3 vdc. Rigging up a cable and using a balance charger might work like the one below?
iMAX B6 Digital RC Lipo NiMH battery Balance Charger

Some of the other fellas might have some other ideas on this too? A balance charger is the best way to go when safely charging Nicads and
LiPo batteries. I checked on Ebay and found these:
Solo controller battery charger | eBay

Cheers ezl. I to thought it was odd with the battery being 7.4v and having 5 connections not sure how that works to be honnest as a lipo with 5 connection would be 14.8v and also a lot bigger in size.

Andrew, I haven't really looked closely at that battery but I would suspect that it could be a 3S? We don't know if there is a balance charger
built into the controller like the Solo's battery? I would go with the Ebay charger that is made for it just for safety's sake. If you can't charge
that battery with a new charger than you might have problems with the controller or something in the circuits? You don't want to fly with a
bad controller since it controls the quad! Good luck on your venture! ;)

Hi Dave thanks for the offer was hoping to pick one up a bit cheaper as converting $ to £ that's not far off what I can get a new one for

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela