Commercial Operators Tool Roundup

looks pretty nice, and I like the cloud sync.
But I'm sort of tired of paying everyone a subscription.

All the IT companies are going to subscriptions because it hooks you to continuing income and makes use of cloud architecture. I'm ambivalent about cloud architecture, but I absolutely reject pay subscription services unless forced into it. There are enough competitors out there still developing stand-alone software that I can get around the subscriptions. So far...

agree,. I despise the adobe model, but until someone comes up with decent replacements, Premiere Pro and After effects are a must have for me.
I did get the affinity photoshop and illustrator competitors and love those. But no one has a low price editor and compositing program that I find effective enough to dump creative cloud... yet

agree,. I despise the adobe model, but until someone comes up with decent replacements, Premiere Pro and After effects are a must have for me.

I agree that Premiere and After Effects are almost indispensable right now, but I'm hanging in there with the last free-standing version, CS6. I may be using CS6 until I'm in my grave (hopefully not soon). Davinci Resolve is getting me around the 4K/UHD editing.

Resolve is nice, HitFilm 4 is pretty cool too
but I have so much learning, and plugins invested in Adobe to jump yet

I agree that Premiere and After Effects are almost indispensable right now, but I'm hanging in there with the last free-standing version, CS6. I may be using CS6 until I'm in my grave (hopefully not soon). Davinci Resolve is getting me around the 4K/UHD editing.
I use Resolve for grading and it has a good bit of editing capability. For more involved editing ACdeeC has a photo editor good enough for 99.99 % of my pro needs. For video I use Magix (formerly Sony) Vegas 14. No cloud subscriptions involved with any of these. For a decent all in one suite either cloud or standalone look at Cyberlink's products

Reactions: pyrate
The affinity stuff is pretty nice
I look for them to give Adobe a good run in photo processing and vector illustration

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea