COA from 333 Exemption

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but here goes:

I was granted a 333 exemption to fly my drone commercially, and received the FAA's blanket 200 foot COA along with it. While it is a start, the company I work for needs a more permissive COA that allows it to fly up to 400 feet (which was allowed in the exemption). Given the timely nature of our business, we cannot wait the 30-90 day period the FAA says it needs to grant new COAs (projects are usually 2-3 days out). The folks at the FAA haven't returned my calls, and I'm trying to decide what to do. An officer at my local FSDO seems to think there is a less restrictive blanket COA at 400 feet, but I'm not sure how to amend my current COA or apply for a new blanket COA. I also thought about making another petition to be relieved of some of the COA requirements, but am worried about the feasibility. Any suggestions on how to get some sort of 400 foot blanket COA or its equivalent?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but here goes:

I was granted a 333 exemption to fly my drone commercially, and received the FAA's blanket 200 foot COA along with it. While it is a start, the company I work for needs a more permissive COA that allows it to fly up to 400 feet (which was allowed in the exemption). Given the timely nature of our business, we cannot wait the 30-90 day period the FAA says it needs to grant new COAs (projects are usually 2-3 days out). The folks at the FAA haven't returned my calls, and I'm trying to decide what to do. An officer at my local FSDO seems to think there is a less restrictive blanket COA at 400 feet, but I'm not sure how to amend my current COA or apply for a new blanket COA. I also thought about making another petition to be relieved of some of the COA requirements, but am worried about the feasibility. Any suggestions on how to get some sort of 400 foot blanket COA or its equivalent?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
I read some of those online at the FAA website and I thought they all granted flight up to 400'. I was surprised that yours says 200'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea