Ch6 servo min/max arm travel range

Reaction score
Website
www.robertpower.com.au
I have been given a fixed camera mount that I have modified for my mirror less camera. It has a servo on the side for tilt. I wired up a servo cable to be able to use the tilt control on the controller. I used power +5 volts and ground from the gimbal cable and soldered a wire onto pin 14 (IO ch6) on the main board. I changed the settings for Ch6 in mission planner from 0 to 1 to make the servo operational.

This set up works fine but I can't seem to get enough travel with the servo. Is there a way to adjust travel settings ? I will be either using the solo gimbal or my set up when flying (not both at once)

Any help greatly appreciated with this. My old setup was fixed and you had to manually tilt the camera to the angle your required, this might solve that :)

solo_3dr_mount_tilt.jpg

Reactions: DJMc
I think all you can get is a PWM of 1000 - 1520 or so out of Channel 6. Maybe a 180 degree servo from Servo City would work for you and give you 90 degrees of travel.

Thanks David, that seems to be the case. If I used one of the other channels would this give me more travel and adjustment ? I would like to be able to use the tilt paddle (as used for the gimbal) on the controller if possible, can that be mapped (not sure if that is the right word) to another channel?

Thanks David, that seems to be the case. If I used one of the other channels would this give me more travel and adjustment ? I would like to be able to use the tilt paddle (as used for the gimbal) on the controller if possible, can that be mapped (not sure if that is the right word) to another channel?
That is beyond the scope of my knowledge.

That is beyond the scope of my knowledge.

I thought about your first reply regarding the 180 servo, did a bit of research and have added two 2.2k resistors to the potentiometer in my servo( one one each end terminal)

I now have more servo travel now, not 180 degrees but enough to get move angles with the camera

Thanks for the idea David

I thought about your first reply regarding the 180 servo, did a bit of research and have added two 2.2k resistors to the potentiometer in my servo( one one each end terminal)

I now have more servo travel now, not 180 degrees but enough to get move angles with the camera

Thanks for the idea David
Have you tried to gear it differently? A larger gear on the servo i.e.put the (driving gear) the larger one on the servo it will spin the smaller gear (driven gear) three times the amount in one rotation "it should work but I'm not to sure about gear ratio's and movement only speed", or just reaching here..maybe a Horn control rod setup?

Last edited:
Have you tried to gear it differently? A larger gear on the servo i.e.put the (driving gear) the larger one on the servo it will spin the smaller gear (driven gear) three times the amount in one rotation "it should work but I'm not to sure about gear ratio's and movement only speed", or just reaching here..maybe a Horn control rod setup?

Thanks for the advice, I may look at doing that later on, with the extra resistors i seem to be getting just enough travel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig