CANbus as a solution for stock Solo ESC problem

Cool stuff. I'm all for new cool stuff. But I don't know if that it is actually going to mitigate the problem. Ollie has declared that the engineers who have intimate knowledge of the systems are wrong and he has discovered the true issue, which this thing mitigates. I think he's making a pretty big assumption there, and there is a decent likelyhood that he is completely wrong. I'll show what he's done to the real engineers behind it to see what they thing. But I wouldn't celebrate just yet. If they have input to the contrary, I hope Ollie can be receptive to it....

Cool stuff. I'm all for new cool stuff. But I don't know if that it is actually going to mitigate the problem. Ollie has declared that the engineers who have intimate knowledge of the systems are wrong and he has discovered the true issue, which this thing mitigates. I think he's making a pretty big assumption there, and there is a decent likelyhood that he is completely wrong. I'll show what he's done to the real engineers behind it to see what they thing. But I wouldn't celebrate just yet. If they have input to the contrary, I hope Ollie can be receptive to it....

LOL ... it's worthwhile to step by here every once in a while and read what you're emitting ... LOL ... well, it's a bit emabrrising, isn't it, let's see

"Ollie has declared that the engineers who have intimate knowledge of the systems are wrong and he has discovered the true issue":

You are untruthful, nowhere I have declared or implied anything like this. This is in fact a perfect example of the reclesness with which some people nowadays put in place and spread distorted realities, for just one obvious single reason. But ok, let's accept this as Pedals2Paddle's typical bullsh.t.

"I think he's making a pretty big assumption there, and there is a decent likelyhood that he is completely wrong."

It obviously didn't occued to you that it could be you who is completely wrong. However, as it turns out, it is in fact you who made a pretty big assumption, that just because you don't know nothing other's don't know nothing. Like a hobby-astronomer who has heard of the geocentric system feels competent to doubt Copernicus' helio-centric system. Hillarious.

I hope you can be receptive to this confrontation with real realities.

Maybe, next time you want to first think, if that is possible, about what to write before you write. Especially, if you should project your incompetences onto other.

Good luck,
Olli

Not a single thing you just said makes any sense. Again, I have been polite and nothing but honest with you. Your wild insulting rants are not necessary, unprovoked, and also unsurprising.

I wasn't going to keep discussing this due to the belligerent nature of certain people. But now this a safety issue that needs to be brought up. Olli's updated/edited statements in his thread on RC Groups are now dangerous and irresponsible. He's now claiming as a fact that no further research or testing is needed, that he has solved the issue. Yet in the same paragraph says he's only tested it up to 23 amps and it's only been a day or two. It is incredibly irresponsible to make such claims. It's one thing to do this on your own Solo. Testing and experimenting is great. It's a whole other thing tell the world as a fact that it a factual proven fix. Olli is brilliant developer and should know better than this.

LOL ... it's worthwhile to step by here every once in a while and read what you're emitting ... LOL ... well, it's a bit emabrrising, isn't it, let's see
Hi Olliw42.Please forgive if I am out of line here. Nothing I read warranted the tone nor implications of your reply. In fact, your reaction indicates there is a less than amicable relationship between you and peddles 2 paddels. I don't know shit about either of you, except to say you both are exceptional and very talented 'brain-power' people. I would go on and wager both of you have an higher than average IQ, as well. Further, regardless of whatever pecking order y'all feel is lacking, or the lack of respect you each expect from the other, the bottom line is: Both of you are dedicated, devoted, damn near Married to the 3DRSolo. I know parents fight, but y'all are making us kids nervous.

Just out of curiosity (and because I am currently migrating form the DJI walled-garden to the OpenSolo ;-) how does the Pixhawk GreenCube address the ESC issue? I assume it's a software/firmware approach.....?

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity (and because I am currently migrating form the DJI walled-garden to the OpenSolo ;-) how does the Pixhawk GreenCube address the ESC issue? I assume it's a software/firmware approach.....?
It uses 5v signalling instead of 3.3v signalling.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela