Can I change "SYSID_THISMAV" on Solo

Reaction score
Can I change "SYSID_THISMAV" on Solo

OK, Solo is not my only APM based quad in my fleet, and I want to download the logs to Mission Planner, however I don't want the logs all mingled together. I was able to change the "SYSID_THISMAV" ID from 1 to some other number on my other quads, and then Mission Planner created a log folder using this number. What I want to do is change Solo's ID to some number other than '1'. I was able to do this with Mission Planner, however when Solo rebooted, the controller did not recognize it. It kept saying "Waiting for Solo"

So How do I do this and get it to work?

Thanks!

I get this need also because I have a Pixhawk quad but I choice to change the "SYSID_THISMAV" ID onto my Pixhawk quad.

If it says waiting for solo, maybe you need to repair the controller/solo? Since you changed an identifying parameter, maybe they lost contact with each other because of the change? Just speculation...

If it says waiting for solo, maybe you need to repair the controller/solo? Since you changed an identifying parameter, maybe they lost contact with each other because of the change? Just speculation...
Tried the pairing, didn't work. I reset the Solo ID back to 1 and the controller worked fine. I will probably send 3DR an email and see what they say.

Well, I heard back from 3DR Support. They say there are only supporting options available through the Solo app. I can understand that.

Somewhere on the Artoo there has to be a 'config' file, or files. Maybe if I get some time I will check out the files on the Artoo.

When I read your topic, I did some searching. I think Artoo would need a config change as well. I no se hable python...

FWIW, there is an antenna tracker branch for Solo at GitHub and they referenced setting the SYSID_TARGET to the same ID as SYSID_THISMAV. Could be the same idea as you are trying, in a round about way....

ardupilot-solo/Parameters.pde at 65cf9dff887ecaf10806df5ea231f04b2e23c26b · 3drobotics/ardupilot-solo · GitHub
YES, I think this is the path I need to take.

For what it is worth, this should be a setting in the Solo app. At least I think so.. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig