C&TSRR = School = Freight = Windy Point

Reaction score
The July 2016 Engineer / Fireman School going Eastbound at Windy Point.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

May I suggest running your video through Mercalli to lose the shake?
You might play with the Tilt/shift feature as well, just as an artistic approach.

Great subject matter!

Do you set up MPCC along the tracks and then fly it when the train is coming/going?
That was what i was thinking as well. Take a section of track and set up a MPCC either above or to the side of the track. Start filimg/MPCC when the train is almost to you then fly the MPCC in the same direction at about 25% or so of the train speed. Control the camera for different effects as the Solo does it's thing.

Reactions: PdxSteve
Sorry I have no idea what MPCC is. I use Tower and write my flights and then go out and fly them.
I think you would like MPCC much better for this application. Imagine creating a route to fly and having solo fly it (kind of like tower), but you having total control of the camera AND solo while it's flying the path.

MPCC also get saved and then you can reload them and fly the same thing at a different time. Great repeatability. Since you have a goldmine here with tracks and the trains constantly coming, you could just focus on the camera work and leaving the flying to MPCC.

Reactions: Jubalr
I think you would like MPCC much better for this application. Imagine creating a route to fly and having solo fly it (kind of like tower), but you having total control of the camera AND solo while it's flying the path.

MPCC also get saved and then you can reload them and fly the same thing at a different time. Great repeatability. Since you have a goldmine here with tracks and the trains constantly coming, you could just focus on the camera work and leaving the flying to MPCC.

Thanks, I will check it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44