Buying used solo and had questions.

Reaction score
Can I hook a go pro 3 white to it without problems. And can I still use warranty if someone else who bout it before me had a warrenty??

No on the GoPro. I don't know if the warranty would transfer but you would need the original receipt from the store where it was "bought". :)

No on the GoPro. I don't know if the warranty would transfer but you would need the original receipt from the store where it was "bought". :)

I think warranty may depend on whether it's been registered yet.

So my go pro will not work with solo even though I have no gimbal?

The GoPro will work if you don't care about seeing what the camera sees on your phone/tablet as you are flying.
No need to mount the hdmi cable into the side of the camera as it wont work anyway, you wont be pleased with how shaky the footage is once you upload it to your computer.
If you ever get the gimbal you will need a GoPro Hero3+ Black, Hero4 Silver, Hero4 Black !!
The Gimbal is a must otherwise you should just buy the P3 Standard for $699 with Gimbal/Camera Included.

The GoPro will work if you don't care about seeing what the camera sees on your phone/tablet as you are flying.
No need to mount the hdmi cable into the side of the camera as it wont work anyway, you wont be pleased with how shaky the footage is once you upload it to your computer.
If you ever get the gimbal you will need a GoPro Hero3+ Black, Hero4 Silver, Hero4 Black !!
The Gimbal is a must otherwise you should just buy the P3 Standard for $699 with Gimbal/Camera Included.
Ok thanx man gotta find a new go pro I guess
The Gimbal is a must otherwise you should just buy the P3 Standard for $699 with Gimbal/Camera Included.[/QU

I get a feed from my hero 3 white without gimbal as of a couple updates ago.

I just won't have camera control and I'm unsure on the gimbal I'll test it after work though.

Reactions: Saturn13
I get a feed from my hero 3 white without gimbal as of a couple updates ago.

I just won't have camera control and I'm unsure on the gimbal I'll test it after work though.
So I shuld be able to hook my GoPro to my solo just no go pro control ,ok thanx man! let me know what happens with the gimbal

Yea at least you could when solo first came out, I bought a hero 4 b a couple weeks before I got solo, but I remember trying out my 3 when my 4s battery was dead one night. I'm home now, I'll go take my three off my p2 gimbal and try it here in a little bit.

Reactions: Saturn13
Yea at least you could when solo first came out, I bought a hero 4 b a couple weeks before I got solo, but I remember trying out my 3 when my 4s battery was dead one night. I'm home now, I'll go take my three off my p2 gimbal and try it here in a little bit.
Ok thanx man!

Ok thanx man!
Got some bad news buddy, I tried the hero 3 white with my gimbal and it says it needs a firmware update. Im 99 percent sure soon after solos release it did stream video minus the gimbal for me, but i have to think if it doesn't work with the gimbal it's probably not going to work without it on the newer firmware. I'd guess there's a way to force it to work by modding somehow, but you still won't have control and your probably better off getting a new GoPro. I've seen hero 4 black and silver as low as 200 even less a couple times on Craigslist. I got mine on RCG, good luck man something must have changed either on GoPro or solos firmware to change things since early on.

Got some bad news buddy, I tried the hero 3 white with my gimbal and it says it needs a firmware update. Im 99 percent sure soon after solos release it did stream video minus the gimbal for me, but i have to think if it doesn't work with the gimbal it's probably not going to work without it on the newer firmware. I'd guess there's a way to force it to work by modding somehow, but you still won't have control and your probably better off getting a new GoPro. I've seen hero 4 black and silver as low as 200 even less a couple times on Craigslist. I got mine on RCG, good luck man something must have changed either on GoPro or solos firmware to change things since early on.
Fo shure man thanx

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44