Building OpenSolo

Reaction score
Has anybody else experienced this when building the OpenSolo codebase? I haven't done anything or made any changes to the code. All I've done started the vagrant container and ran the builder.sh script.

Summary: 9 tasks failed:
virtual:native:/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-gnome/libffi/libffi_3.0.13.bb, do_compile
virtual:native:/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl/openssl_1.0.1e.bb, do_compile
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/zlib/zlib_1.2.8.bb, do_configure
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/expat/expat_2.1.0.bb, do_configure
virtual:native:/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/gnutls/gnutls_2.12.23.bb, do_configure
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-gnome/libffi/libffi_3.0.13.bb, do_unpack
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/glib-2.0/glib-2.0_2.36.4.bb, do_unpack
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/beecrypt/beecrypt_4.2.1.bb, do_compile
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/kmod/kmod-native_git.bb, do_configure

Summary: There were 27 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
look below for squashfs, uImage, kernel, u-boot, dtb file, initramfs, rootfs.cpio, etc
vagrant ssh
ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-1080p/
ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-artoo/

real 1m11.787s
user 0m38.141s
sys 0m6.044s

The contents of the two output directories are

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-1080p/

u-boot.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-1080p-2013.04-r0.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-1080p-2013.04-r0.imx_sd u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-1080p.imx

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-artoo/

u-boot.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-artoo-2013.04-r0.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-artoo-2013.04-r0.imx_sd u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-artoo.imx

Has anybody else experienced this when building the OpenSolo codebase? I haven't done anything or made any changes to the code. All I've done started the vagrant container and ran the builder.sh script.

Summary: 9 tasks failed:
virtual:native:/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-gnome/libffi/libffi_3.0.13.bb, do_compile
virtual:native:/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-connectivity/openssl/openssl_1.0.1e.bb, do_compile
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/zlib/zlib_1.2.8.bb, do_configure
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/expat/expat_2.1.0.bb, do_configure
virtual:native:/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/gnutls/gnutls_2.12.23.bb, do_configure
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-gnome/libffi/libffi_3.0.13.bb, do_unpack
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-core/glib-2.0/glib-2.0_2.36.4.bb, do_unpack
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-support/beecrypt/beecrypt_4.2.1.bb, do_compile
/solo-build/sources/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/kmod/kmod-native_git.bb, do_configure

Summary: There were 27 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
look below for squashfs, uImage, kernel, u-boot, dtb file, initramfs, rootfs.cpio, etc
vagrant ssh
ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-1080p/
ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-artoo/

real 1m11.787s
user 0m38.141s
sys 0m6.044s

The contents of the two output directories are

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-1080p/

u-boot.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-1080p-2013.04-r0.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-1080p-2013.04-r0.imx_sd u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-1080p.imx

vagrant@vagrant-ubuntu-trusty-64:~$ ls /solo-build/build/tmp-eglibc/deploy/images/imx6solo-3dr-artoo/

u-boot.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-artoo-2013.04-r0.imx u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-artoo-2013.04-r0.imx_sd u-boot-imx6solo-3dr-artoo.imx
Did you follow the quickstart guide or the README from solo-builder?

I was following the quick start guide at WIP DOCUMENT! You will almost certainly brick your Solo if you follow these instructions! — Dev documentation

My initial goal was simple to get it downloaded and built. Not sure I would make any immediate changes, but I like looking through things like this and learning how they work. Should I follow the README instead?

I did have a slight snafu in the beginning that I wouldn't think had an impact, but maybe it did. When I was running the build script for the first time, my computer went to sleep (Forgot to disable that) and it dropped the network connection causing the SSH session and build to stop. I reconnected and restarted the build.

I was following the quick start guide at WIP DOCUMENT! You will almost certainly brick your Solo if you follow these instructions! — Dev documentation

My initial goal was simple to get it downloaded and built. Not sure I would make any immediate changes, but I like looking through things like this and learning how they work. Should I follow the README instead?

I did have a slight snafu in the beginning that I wouldn't think had an impact, but maybe it did. When I was running the build script for the first time, my computer went to sleep (Forgot to disable that) and it dropped the network connection causing the SSH session and build to stop. I reconnected and restarted the build.
Yep, that's your problem. It looks like the needed updates to the VM were not downloaded and applied. Start over again using the QuickStart guide like you did and you should be good.

Figures. It didn't occur to me that could have that severe of an impact on subsequent builds. I was too fixated on finding a computer that had enough horsepower to handle this. My linux machine that I use as a simple network storage in the basement couldn't do it and personal laptop didn't have enough ram to run the vagrant container without bringing the machine to a halt. I'm not proud to say that my daughters mac in her room was the only machine that could do this. On a side note, I've decided I need to buy a new laptop, can't have a mac being the most powerful machine I have.

My Surface is a few years old, i5 dual core with 8GB of ram. It takes 5 hours to do the build. Others with a more modern quad core i7 report 1-2hrs.

I got the mac for my daughter through my last job. It was a 27" all in one that they used for the graphics design teams. They were going to recycle it because they don't redeploy anything over 3 years old, so I bought it from them for $50. It's actually a great machine for my daughter and nearly maintenance free since I don't have to worry about her downloading shit from the internet and getting the machine all mucked up, but I'm not a mac fan and this event hurt my ego as a web developer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc