Brand new Solo, gimbal, plus two batteries for sale

Reaction score
brand new solo and gimbal in the box plus two batteries 1350 plus shipping
Selling because it doesn't work with my GoPro hero 3+ silver - buy only if you have GoPro hero 4.

Invested too much money already I don't want spend anymore on a new GoPro

Just curious. Why not sell the 3+Silver, and invest the funds on a GoPro 4? Just seems to me to be more cost effective than selling the whole kit and just keeping the camera. You obviously invested in the Solo for a reason.

Reactions: J R
My Solo works fine with GoPro 3+ Black Edition.
Reconsider to change the Gopro.

I've waited so long to get the solo and the gimbal nothing but dissapointment if I sell the GoPro and get a new one is it guaranteed to work as it's advertised. So far, it feels like all the advertisement was inaccurate and they cannot deliver as promised. Even the so called 30 day money back guarantee is flawed because of the gimbal delay. Downgrading the GoPro firmware as a fix was a joke - how can the 3+ black edition work and the 3+ silver not work. I really wanted this thing to work out of the box. How can 3dr say this product is future proof if they can't get go pro to fix the firmware. 3dr would have been better off if they waited another year to release the solo and gimbal that works - or maybe partnered with a different camera company like black magic or Sony. If someone from 3dr can guarantee me that the GoPro hero 4 will work with is quad I might consider keeping it. Who know GoPro might update their firmware then then the solo's will be all grounded - expensive line of sight park flyer. I like many others out their who bought this we just want something that works.

Reactions: Maddog
I've waited so long to get the solo and the gimbal nothing but dissapointment if I sell the GoPro and get a new one is it guaranteed to work as it's advertised. So far, it feels like all the advertisement was inaccurate and they cannot deliver as promised. Even the so called 30 day money back guarantee is flawed because of the gimbal delay. Downgrading the GoPro firmware as a fix was a joke - how can the 3+ black edition work and the 3+ silver not work. I really wanted this thing to work out of the box. How can 3dr say this product is future proof if they can't get go pro to fix the firmware. 3dr would have been better off if they waited another year to release the solo and gimbal that works - or maybe partnered with a different camera company like black magic or Sony. If someone from 3dr can guarantee me that the GoPro hero 4 will work with is quad I might consider keeping it. Who know GoPro might update their firmware then then the solo's will be all grounded - expensive line of sight park flyer. I like many others out their who bought this we just want something that works.
Um... well, I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience, I am.
I'm just having a bit of a problem understanding what that experience was.
You say 3DR is at fault because they don't have control over GoPro? The 3+ is notorious - it's common knowledge it rarely will work as advertised.
Around here, almost everyone with a Hero 4 Silver or Black has obtained excellent results.
You suggest disappointment is an issue - does this mean that you're willing to part with your expensive equipment rather than even risk disappointment from now on? Well, OK. Definitely to each his own, I guess.
Just seems a tad strange to me that you're blaming the Solo for something that hasn't happened yet and likely never will.
My father is like that about new computer gear, especially iPads and especially new iOS updates. Apple will announce a new upgrade (or iPad model like the upcoming Pro he's salivating about now) and it'll be months before it's available. Dad will immediately begin throwing tantrums.
"What the hell kind of crappy outfit are they anyhow. They tell you about it, show it to you, rub it in your face - then make you wait four months. Sheesh. I'm done with them."
"Dad, there are things called Beta testers. They need time to make sure things run right before they -"
"I don't give a rat's rear! If they aren't gonna let you have it, why don't they just shut the hell up and not tell you about it until it's here? That way people won't have to think about it! That's the way I'd run a business!"
I've heard this argument a zillion times and maybe twenty or so about the Pro since it was announced.
Well, 3DR did, in a way, behave exactly as he would like and apparently you would have liked also - and as a result some people had problems. It works that way. No way around it.
Or maybe they should have kept the Solo tightly under wrap until it was absolutely, completely, and undoubtedly 100%.
If that happened, not a single one of us would have one today - or any other drone for that matter.
As for risking disappointment, if you won't risk it - selling is absolutely what you should do, since every time you leave the ground there is a risk that you'll never see your Solo again.

sir, you need to be patience and you need to find out why that happen maybe there something wrong with the firmware version between these two product (gp @ solo) 3dr company are keep pushing to correct all those problem that's why they release new update not more than a moth if i may i should report to 3dr about the issue.

brand new solo and gimbal in the box plus two batteries 1350 plus shipping
Selling because it doesn't work with my GoPro hero 3+ silver - buy only if you have GoPro hero 4.

Invested too much money already I don't want spend anymore on a new GoPro

Cris,

I hear ya Man! Even if you do get a GPH4, you still have to do all of the mods everyone writes about here. Pulling the bird apart, re-routing wires, changing cables, the endless tests. The last thing in the world I need is yet another drone and my wife would hit the roof if I bought another! You know what? I've always had a soft spot in my heart for people in need. Unfortunately, my wife keeps track of all the money! I've managed to squirrel away $900. If it would really help you get out of this mess you got yourself into, it's yours! Send me a PM if that'll help.;)

Jerry

Reactions: Projeffrey11
I thought the +3 Silver incompatibility was well known months ago. Seems like there was a write up on it around June. Anyways sorry for your confusion. FYI. My 3+ black works great and they can be had cheap.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I

Yes. It is because the 3+ black accepts newer firmware than the 3+ Silver. It is very well documented the 3+ black has full functionality.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I have the GoPro 4 Silver and have never had a problem.
I'm sure this is a tough decision because of the seemingly endless issues with Solo. I felt the same way and was very frustrated.
Things are much better now. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I actually prefer the 4 silver. Extreme vid quality is great, but the touchscreen adds a ton of stuff I like (ease of use!) when not using on Solo.
Not, however, that any of it is rocket science anyway!

I actually prefer the 4 silver. Extreme vid quality is great, but the touchscreen adds a ton of stuff I like (ease of use!) when not using on Solo.
Not, however, that any of it is rocket science anyway!
I really like the touch screen too!

How much can I get the 2 batteries for?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo