Bonticou Crag, Mohonk Preserve, New Paltz, NY.

Reaction score
Just come clips from two flights yesterday morning. This is one of my favorite local hikes since there's a nice scramble right up the face of the crag to the top. Looks like it'd be rock climbing, but there's a path that weaves back and forth over and between the rocks all the way up.

I was a little concerned about loosing GPS getting too far down into the hollow at the base, and I only went about 1/3 of the way down, but I kept checking and it was maintaining 13 satellites. I plan to go back when the leaves start changing colors, and in the evening when the sun baths the face there with warm orange light.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I saw these on YouTube last night. Very nice.

Just curious, what tablet are you using for the Solo app.

ps, I am down in Putnam County

I saw these on YouTube last night. Very nice.

Just curious, what tablet are you using for the Solo app.

ps, I am down in Putnam County

Oh, hey, a local! Thanks, I just got back from taking some more video of the ridge, and probably got a couple climbers that were up there, although I didn't want to get too close to them. That's my morning routine - have my batteries charged, get my son on the bus and head for the mountain. :D

For the app, I'm just using my old Nexus 5 phone. The screen is big enough and it doesn't add too much weight to the controller. And I dedicate it to just that, so there's nothing else running on it. I've had the app crash a few times on my current phone while I was flying, which can be a little scary loosing the video feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M