Boat mode?

You don't need to arm it on shore. You just need to power it up on shore, firmly planted on dry land, not moving. The IMUs calibrate on power up. Nothing to do with arming. It then needs to stay powered up while you set sail. That is what people are using the Pixhawk USB input for, rather than draining the solo's battery. This method will also let you change the solo battery without the Pixhawk powering down and losing it's IMU calibration. No this does not double the voltage or cause any harm to anything anywhere.

The pre-arm checks will fail if the boat is moving too much. This is not a calibration. They're just checks. You can bypass that, although I do not recommend it. There is a reason for most of those checks. It's best to find still water.

Thanks man. I need to launch SOLO in the middle of the ocean many miles from shore. Yes, when the boat rocks, it will not take off. I know of people that have bypassed the pre-arm checks, but i don't know how to do it. I bought SOLO to fly from a boat and was waiting for boat mode to come out and now it is not coming out so its frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela