Best Buy

Reaction score
I'm ready to order a Solo 3dr at my local Best Buy. But no extra free battery in stock. I notice when I check out, they remove the free battery from my cart. Will Best Buy Compensate me with a gift card or some sort to pick up when they are in stock? They are now close for me to call and ask.

They'll probably get you a store pickup ticket. But it's best to call them and ask first.

Stingray,

Just picked up my solo from Best Buy. Same thing happened to me in the checkout (Removed the battery). After I picked up the Solo, I called the phone number on the bottom of my receipt. They credited the card I used (BestBuy card) $160.00.

When I picked up my solo from best buy they did not have an extra battery in stock. They ordered it online for me and had it shipped to my house at no charge.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I think you get the battery when you order the gimbal.
Not true. 3dr has extended the free battery to ANYONE who purchased a solo in the until the end of june. Gimbal or not. In fact the gimbal is not even available to order at best buy. it shows but you cant buy it.

Last edited:
I need to follow up with Best Buy too. I forgot to ask about this when I received my Solo at the front of store. Was running late just wanted to get in n out.

Same for me, they were out of the battery.
I got them to reduce the price of solo by $150 as they couldn't order a battery at all. I was bummed as I want two or three batteries. What good is one?

Just order one online at Best Buy. I got off the phone with them. They told me the process for the free battery is that it will be order when I pick up the drone and be sent to my home address.

But I went to the store and picked up the Solo without an online order. I hope this wasn't my mistake.

3DR tech support said they can't help with free battery issues, and you must go to the store to fix the issue.

I went to my local BB and had to drive an hour away to pick the quad up. I went to cust service and gave me the number for bb HQ. within 15 mins I had a very nice lady help me out. Since the store was closed at this time,
she said that she would be calling me the next day at 4. Not only did she call, 3 others did! I had a battery a few hours later. I am astonished on the service I received.Now Hopefully These issues are fixed or its going back.

I got my free battery from my first purchase(had to exchange before battery shipped). Since my second purchase was done as a reorder instead of exchange I was eligible for a free batter again..teehee. I had the issue where it was out of stock and I did the order without. I did however call BestBuy and asked if it is possible to still get it. The lady told me corporate will contact me in 1-2 days, still no word. Probably cause I already got a free battery.

Not true. 3dr has extended the free battery to ANYONE who purchased a solo in the until the end of june. Gimbal or not. In fact the gimbal is not even available to order at best buy. it shows but you cant buy it.
What do I need to do to get the free battery? Do I need to contact Best Buy or 3DR?

I went to my local BB and had to drive an hour away to pick the quad up. I went to cust service and gave me the number for bb HQ. within 15 mins I had a very nice lady help me out. Since the store was closed at this time,
she said that she would be calling me the next day at 4. Not only did she call, 3 others did! I had a battery a few hours later. I am astonished on the service I received.Now Hopefully These issues are fixed or its going back.
What's the number for BB HQ?

Finally got my bird. Had to Drive an hour away. Pick it up and try to get the free battery ship to me or knock 150 dollar of the bird. After one hour at BB ,sales rep try to order one to shipped. But his computer keep rejecting him. I talk to the manager about crediting me 150 dollars. No luck. They call another BB and got me one for free another hour away. By the time I got to that store. I'm 130 miles away from home. Just got home almost 6 hours later. No love from them today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela