Best Buy package deal

I called BB Earlier and had all of my batteries discounted, and an extra gimbal sent for each unit I have. Very smooth and courteous person I dealt with. I guess I can return my spare gimbals now. No drama whatsoever.
I was credited 79.99 each order instead of them sending the Gimble.:)

Now that's outstanding. I am humbled. Remember when you need one that i have them for 79.95 :)

I think I am on their bad list for all of my price matching. I got a warning from their TSE(The Retail Equation) system, which apparently sees each of the price matches as a return, and when you have a mass number of batteries and props which went down in price twice, it labels me a bad customer. I didn't create the game. Just play to win. I look forward to calling them tomorrow and asking if they would like the whole lot back in protest. Nothing is even opened :)

Last edited:
I had the same issue ordering the Solo + Gimbal + Battery package on Monday of the gimbal not being added to my cart. Called their 800 number and had no issue getting it ordered over the phone with the gimbal added to it at $0.00. Should be here today. My extra battery has not been so fortunate and is coming cross country from Oregon. I got the dreaded severe weather service disruption from UPS, so now they apparently can just deliver it whenever they feel like it. Ordered another gimbal for a backup yesterday, along with the Lowpro DroneGuard CS400, and those should be here today.

Got excited when I saw some 3DR stuff showing up in that "25% off when you buy 3 or more accessories" deal, but the fine print says discount is taken off regular prices. So none of the 3DR stuff applied since it was all on sale.

Sorry about all the BB chatter, however I haven't been able to fly for about a week due to fog and rain conditions in Michigan. Gotta do something. Anyone have a nice indoor drone to recommend? I think I am addicted.

I've seen something called The DOBBY. It is slightly larger than a paperback. It says it's an indoor and outdoor drone. Bestbuy sells them for somewhere in the mid $300 range.

I have a Yuneec Breeze and it can fly indoors, but I haven't succeeded in anything that didnt end in a crash. Nothing broken, but still.

Regarding indoor flyers, in the RC/FPV circles, the Tiny Whoop is all the rage. Google with results on FPVLab, RCGroups, or FliteTest will yield some good results.

Thanks Guys, I will check them out. I seem to have found another way of busying myself printing parts upgrades and the like for my fleet. A new adventure to be certain, however I can most likely make parts for the indoor sized drones should I get one :).

Purchased the Best Buy 299.00 and it said it included the gamble and shutter fly coupon. I received two packages, solo and the gamble. Opened up the solo so I could install the Gimble. Much to my surprise it was already installed. So now I have an extra Gimble. The solo box contents states it is included. Thanks Best Buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Solo & gimbal package is back up to $500 now. What a crazy rollercoaster ride. Not sure what their endgame is. You would think if they wanted to liquidate their stock they would leave the price at $300.

The Solo & gimbal package is back up to $500 now. What a crazy rollercoaster ride. Not sure what their endgame is. You would think if they wanted to liquidate their stock they would leave the price at $300.
Periodic sales result in consumer excitement, which results in chatter on forums like this, which results in additional visits to the website or store which often results in consumers buying more than a drone kit while they're visiting. Used to call these loss-leaders.

I call it a PITA. Everyone do their part and buy them out :). Tired of seeing the roller coaster. I noticed they repriced the gimbals as well now at $48

Reactions: SARDG
I just received from BB my $299 3DR Solo with a case BB11A, except the box said BB15A.
Do you guys know what the difference between the 2?
Sorry for the newbie question
Thank You
Vince

That's the part number for the Solo with preinstalled gimbal in the backpack. No worries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44