Best Buy $599 deal is back

FYI if your in CA, Frys Electronics will match all online pricing. Not sure if they match the combo deal but I got them to price match a backpack this weekend for $129.

Reducing their stock. Makes me think something new is coming out and they want to purge the old stock. I don't believe the chatter about 3dr getting out of the business of hobbyist drone market or going under or any of that. But, that's just my feeling.
I think it does reflect the profit margins on these products though.
This 599 price compared to the same product a year ago. That's quite a drop.

Reactions: TheBasicPilot
Reducing their stock. Makes me think something new is coming out and they want to purge the old stock. I don't believe the chatter about 3dr getting out of the business of hobbyist drone market or going under or any of that. But, that's just my feeling.
I think it does reflect the profit margins on these products though.
This 599 price compared to the same product a year ago. That's quite a drop.
You don't need to believe chatter about getting out of the hobby business, take it from the CEO himself. They admittedly couldn't compete with DJI: Drone-maker 3D Robotics cuts jobs, refocuses on corporate market

I wouldn't hold my breath about a new 3DR product coming to stores. If they ever do come out with something, most likely it will be expensive for the Enterprise market and not available in a big box store. Solo failed in the consumer space. Not because it's a bad product, but just because DJI is so huge and has such a big market share and visible product recognition since they've been making consumer drones since early 2013. To most of the general public if you say you have a drone they'll ask if its a phantom. Solo just never got traction.

Boy, that is certainly true about your statement of "What kind of drone do you have"?
DJI has done a great job marketing. I haven't seen the CA news abt the company.
With all of the bloat out there abt drones being however many billions of dollar industry it makes me wonder why they would be leaving the game instead of coming out with a new platform.
I'm curious if the market is starting to taper off a bit or is it still climbing. Last year at this time the drone market was raging.
Now, after the FAA stuff and media stories reflecting negativity and public paranoia I wonder if it's hurting the business?

From what I have read 3DR did not manufacture any Solos with rev b GPS. They have only shown up in air frames that were sent in for repair/replacement.

something tells me this is a clearance pricing at best buy
even with the BOGO battery i wouldn't bite any more with all the turbulent news from 3DR
I'm all stocked up on batteries though (4 is plenty for most I just like having an extra on hand)
Turbulent news from 3DR?

3DR is offering the 599 deal off their website. And strangely, they don't show any motor pod listings...maybe a new motor pod coming???

Yep bought a new gimbal and Solo for 599 and I'm out flying it today. Got mine from B&H Camera. Does anyone worry about this drop in price and the state of 3dR? I truly enjoy flying mine and want them to stay around.

I think for $599 your pretty much hedged against anything. At least thats the way I looked at it when I put my money down. Drone technology is moving too fast to expect anything else imo. 12 months from now, we're going to look at the Solo and P4 as obsolete.

solo is a year old and just got a major upgrade on software.
there is still another major release in the works right now with Boat Mode
Not to mention work continues to rebase solo to arducopter
I have heard rumors some lucky people are flying it now
With Pixhawk 2 being released outside 3DR and the rebase, solo has a much brighter future than anything DJI has ever manufactured

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny