Battery tester for 3dr batteries

Hey Mr. John,
Thank you so much for the info. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this issue. I really appreciate it.
Respectfully,
Michael Greene

Does anyone know where I can find a battery tester for the 3dr batteries?
I have heard that it is almost impossible to find the 3DR Solo Battery Diagnostic Tool. There are workarounds. Some are going to outside sources to turn the bottom of the battery into a holder for 5200 Tattoo LiPo/or two. The change to a regular battery like these figuring out the smart battery diagnostics. People on here also make it possible to check your diagnostics with a few mods. Look up mods for 3DR Solo batteries. This is not the first or last time we see this question. Thanks, Sean

Try the madhacker source. Well worth the modest price.
Hey Mr. John!
Thank you so much for the info on the tester.
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this issue. I really appreciate it. That was very nice of you to do that. I had heard about them, but didn't know where or how to get one, you've definitely helped me out with this. Again, thank you!
Respectfully,
Michael Greene

I have heard that it is almost impossible to find the 3DR Solo Battery Diagnostic Tool. There are workarounds. Some are going to outside sources to turn the bottom of the battery into a holder for 5200 Tattoo LiPo/or two. The change to a regular battery like these figuring out the smart battery diagnostics. People on here also make it possible to check your diagnostics with a few mods. Look up mods for 3DR Solo batteries. This is not the first or last time we see this question. Thanks, Sean

Hey Mr. John!
Thank you so much for the info on the tester.
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this issue. I really appreciate it. That was very nice of you to do that. I had heard about them, but didn't know where or how to get one, you've definitely helped me out with this. Again, thank you!
Respectfully,
Michael Greene
Trust me that I am learning more than I cared to about the Solo. I just want to fly. I don't want to build shit. I was wondering why these Solos were going so cheaply. Now, I get it - 3DR not supporting the Solo. In fact, I believe that they by law have to support it for a period of time after purchase. I know that they were using a sub-contractor for this, but I think it is bs that they walked away and went to only software. Less overhead for sure, but what about us Solo Newbies? I guess we just get bent... <sigh>. If you think you have problems, try mapping with one. Ridiculous to say the least. They are a beast though. In full control (insane mode I believe), one 3DR x-employee in Tampa said he could go for about 5 minutes at full throttle topping out at over 80+ mph! WOOOOW!!! I certainly can't fly without the GPS and and... but how cool would it be to go that speed and not crash? Peace bro! Sean

I will assume that Solex is being used.
After connecting to the Solo, tap 'Batt:' on the upper right of the in-flight display screen.
More details will be revealed, although not per cell. One weak cell can limit your flight time...
However the overall wattage is displayed, which can be compared to the 3DR battery specifications.
See attached image.

Attachments

• IMG_5082.JPG
    IMG_5082.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
I will assume that Solex is being used.
After connecting to the Solo, tap 'Batt:' on the upper right of the in-flight display screen.
More details will be revealed, although not per cell. One weak cell can limit your flight time...
However the overall wattage is displayed, which can be compared to the 3DR battery specifications.
See attached image.
More info on this thread on this forum.

Reactions: Solo Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela