Battery stuck after crash

Reaction score
Hi,

I was bringing in the Solo to land when it suddenly went into the side of my house. I replaced a couple broken propellers and everything still works, however I cannot get the battery off. Any suggestions? I've tried what was mentioned on Youtube to no success.

Thanks

I can take some pictures once I get home. It looks just fine minus a couple little scuffs on the body. I was able to take off and everything once I replaced the propellers. The only issue is the battery not coming off.

Try putting a little pressure on the upper sloped part of the body of the drone at the rear, just under the battery itself. Press down and you might hear a little click. Sometimes the battery won't slide because it gets caught on the lip of the body.

It worth a try - difficult to say without more info, but it has been an occasional issue.

Try putting a little pressure on the upper sloped part of the body of the drone at the rear, just under the battery itself. Press down and you might hear a little click. Sometimes the battery won't slide because it gets caught on the lip of the body.

It worth a try - difficult to say without more info, but it has been an occasional issue.

I'll try that again to see if it helps, didn't at first. I find it hard to get a good grip when trying to remove the battery.

Can you provide photos, how it looks?

Here is an album with a few photos. From the surface, it appears to look fine.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had one once that wouldn't come off, I put a thin metal ruler in the slot between the battery and the gps cover, pushed the release button while applying a little pressure on the ruler in a twisting motion, it worked, not sure it will working your case but maybe worth a try.

good luck

Reactions: DJMc
I had one once that wouldn't come off, I put a thin metal ruler in the slot between the battery and the gps cover, pushed the release button while applying a little pressure on the ruler in a twisting motion, it worked, not sure it will working your case but maybe worth a try.

good luck
Thanks, gave that a try with similar tools but no luck. It doesn't seem like the battery is moving at all. What could possibly make it stuck like this? The landing was not that hard either but something seems to be knocked out of place, just not sure what

The tray alignment was altered during impact, try plastic tools to wedge it out, easily available at Harbor Freight. Don't think you'll hurt the battery but might hurt the tray. I've got a replacement tray should you need it.

The tray alignment was altered during impact, try plastic tools to wedge it out, easily available at Harbor Freight. Don't think you'll hurt the battery but might hurt the tray. I've got a replacement tray should you need it.

Thanks for that tip, I will try that, I have some plastic automotive trim tools I can use. Should I work around the sides of the battery and lift up? I was worried about damaging the body and/or battery. This is all new to me and learning the layout of the drone.

I second DJMc's technique. I've had to do that on my Solos sometimes without a crash. The fit between the rear of the battery and the body is tight and any changes can make removing the battery difficult. I used sand paper to take a little off of the tray after I removed my battery which helped a lot.

In one of the photos it appears to me the battery is possibly caught inside the rear of the battery tray/body as suggested by DJMc - around this area is where you need to push.

BF36C50E-D007-4014-8366-FF2896FE7638.jpeg

When you push there, can you see the tray/body moving independently from the battery? If it is stuck there, also try pushing the battery all the way forward to see if it releases from the rear of the tray.

I feel left out...;)

If you are having a hard time gripping the battery, masking or duct tape will help you grip the battery...applied to the battery. I have skate board tape applied to my batteries, helps when removing/gripping with sweaty hands...

My 2 cents...The gap between the battery and GPS cover indicates a jammed/damaged latch. Seat the battery fully and try again with any of the prior advice given...

To be honest, I treat the 'lip' issue as a bit of a secondary back up battery lock - I left it as is.

If only the Karma had had the 'right kind' of quality issue eh? [emoji5]

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, unfortunately I still cannot get the battery off after all my attempts. It just does not budge at all. I may have to send it in for a repair or something. Shame because it flew just fine while it still had some charge.

Reactions: DJMc
As stated, I have a replacement tray. I'm pretty sure you won't damage the body forcing it out. The battery is also durable, it won't be hurt either as long as it isn't punctured.
This happened to me, no damage but very difficult to remove using plastic tools.

As stated, I have a replacement tray. I'm pretty sure you won't damage the body forcing it out. The battery is also durable, it won't be hurt either as long as it isn't punctured.
This happened to me, no damage but very difficult to remove using plastic tools.
So just get something between the body and the tray and force it up until it breaks out or between battery and tray? I've been pretty delicate so far since it's not my drone.

Have you tried setting the belly of the Solo on your leg while you're sitting down, then pushing down on two opposite prop arms (or pulling down on two opposite legs of the Solo)? This bends Solo very slightly downwards at both ends, which makes my stuck batteries pop loose with an audible *click*. It works for me, so it's worth a try.

Reactions: DJMc and RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc