Battery removal

The easiest way I found to remove the battery is to hold the solo perpendicular to your body, holding the two rear pods firmly whilst hammering the forward pods into the ground repeatedly until the battery falls out. Do not perform this on a soft surface such as a lawn. You will get dirt in the motors which is NOT GOOD AT ALL.

But everything works!
if it ain't broke don't fix it.controler
take a small flat bladed screw driver and incert it between the battery plug and where it plugs into the solo.
go slow and easy and work it out slowley.
do not pull it out by the wires.

The battery slides back about 5mm ... Enough to see green on either side ... And then stops. It's still making contact with the plug confirmed by powering on. I am being pretty forceful now and thinking this should not be this difficult to remove. What am I missing?

Ok ... I used some serious thumb pressure applied to either side and pulled back until it "popped" out ... Had to cradle Solo in my lap.

Thinking the plug is very tight

It has to slide back far enough to get past the tabs so you can lift it out.
About 3/8".

Ok ... I used some serious thumb pressure applied to either side and pulled back until it "popped" out ... Had to cradle Solo in my lap.

Thinking the plug is very tight
Good, maybe the battery contact was hung up on the Solo contact....or some dirt got into those rails...

Ok ... Thanks for the replies. Beyond the battery, setup was textbook. Update went off without a hitch. I tested motors without props. Headed outside to see how GPS locks up

Reactions: Raybro
I had the same issue on one battery....had to really slide hard to get it out, thought it was stuck at first....now it is worn in and comes out easily.

My one battery (wish I had more than one) slides in and out fairly easily after depressing the battery latch button. It always has. I don't need too much pressure.

My one battery (wish I had more than one) slides in and out fairly easily after depressing the battery latch button. It always has. I don't need too much pressure.
same here.

It catches on that very tiny lip on the SOLO. Hold Solo upside down, then depress. I had the same problem. After I used a light touch of olive oil on the "lip" then push battery back with force, it comes out. You can also put some fresh black pepper in the olive oil if you want to experiment..:)

Reactions: rrmccabe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela