Battery problem

Reaction score
Just recieved Solo yesterday (7/14) Unpacked and did all updates, flew for 5mins
No problems.
Charged Solo battery and controller last night. Solo will not power on today, hit power button LEDs light
then I hear a click and nothing? I have only one battery so I can't trouble shoot if it's a bad BAT.
Anyone have this problem?

Scott
On the phone with support now.

Hi,
Try to cycle (turn on battery) without being connected to the solo. If it comes on, turn off then reinsert into solo and try. If it does not come on outside of solo, it might be a problem with the battery. Do you have a spare?

Hi,
Try to cycle (turn on battery) without being connected to the solo. If it comes on, turn off then reinsert into solo and try. If it does not come on outside of solo, it might be a problem with the battery. Do you have a spare?
Tried that, battery powers on normal, not connected to Solo.
No, I don't have a spare Bat yet.

Just talked to support, since there is a clicking noise coming from the main solo body it could be a Pixhawk problem.
That said, he advised me to wait 24hrs and try again. Thats suppose to reset the unit?
Well see what happens,
I have to say, support was good (only waited 5min on the phone)
If this doesn't work they will replace Solo.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Look and listen closely at the motors, as you try to boot.. You are looking for one that clicks and jumps a little. if you find it, remove it (four screws under the LED lense). Make sure no wires are touching. Boot the Solo. If it boots, it is a bad motor.

Good luck getting them to admit it is their problem. Without specific errors in the logs, it is "somehow" your faukt. Hopefully you can get a free motor, though they are backordered now, since every one is going into a new Solo...

Good luck

Use the manual to get the instructions to remove a motor pod. Then remove the #3 motor pod. With the motor pod removed, now try and turn it back on. It's a known issue right now for the #3 motor to nuke itself.

Earldgrayjr beat me to it, but regardless 3DR is replacing these for people.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I had this issue, after the first time I few, I took the unit back to BB. Waiting for new one I ordered from BH...

Use the manual to get the instructions to remove a motor pod. Then remove the #3 motor pod. With the motor pod removed, now try and turn it back on. It's a known issue right now for the #3 motor to nuke itself.

Just tried to boot - looks like its #4, turned slightly, sound coming from that area now, knowing what to look for now. Sent email back regarding problem, waiting to hear from 3DR.

Just tried to boot - looks like its #4, turned slightly, sound coming from that area now, knowing what to look for now. Sent email back regarding problem, waiting to hear from 3DR.
watch this video for troubleshooting -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

number 3 is problematic? Could you give a reference please, I haven't heard that. I am asking in a genuine, friendly way (not the hostile "oh yeah" way).

watch this video for troubleshooting -
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks for the info Solo4me
Watched the video and did the test and it seems the motor has failed.
Waiting to hear from 3DR.

number 3 is problematic? Could you give a reference please, I haven't heard that. I am asking in a genuine, friendly way (not the hostile "oh yeah" way).
This is from my experience on the Solo owners FB page. I'll copy in the links this evening when I get to a computer.

It might just be me, but of all of the people that have posted about a pod "clicking" and solo not booting, eventually let to a 03 motor short. Even one guys motor pod caught fire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl