Battery percentage drops to 0%

Reaction score
Around 30% my battery will drop to 0% and still allow me to fly with no problem.Im using a old battery and a brand new battery with less then 10 flights on it.I checked the wires on the battery terminal board and all the connections are fine and in place.So I don't know what's wrong with it and why it is doing this.It started doing this after I installed the gimbal,but I took it out and it still has the same problem.Please help if you know anything about this.

That happened with mine, charged up the battery and havnt had that issue anymore.
The last time I flew it before that issue, the bird was grounded about 7 days.

That happened with mine, charged up the battery and havnt had that issue anymore.
The last time I flew it before that issue, the bird was grounded about 7 days.
Well every time I go to fly I charge it up to 100% and go to fly and it does this every time,so I don't think that will work for me

I flew ~30 packs the last two days (survey) , with QGC as GCS - and it happened two times with two diffferent packs. (at about 80% and 50%) - I can find it in logs after vacation.

it have nothing to to with packs being fully charged, every one was.
The fact is that the reported percentage is 0% , and reported voltage is frozen at last reading (due to the way Arducopter in solo only reads good I2C data, it's ignoring the bad ones ... forever)
in both cases , Controller displayed 0% , QGC stopped displaying percentage, and diaplayed the frozen voltage.
After landing I connected the Madhacker Battery Tool , and battery were behaving as if nothing ever happened.

Somehow, the Solo stops communicating with the pack, or the pack stops responding. then there is no more alarms or voltage updates.
For what it's worth, I have used madhacker battery tool over extensive time, never seen such problem.

The screw that goes in the battery tray but is over top the battery connectors. This was a problem on two of my Solos. I over torqued the screw or put a slightly longer one in by mistake. This gave me 0% battery all the time.

Yup I always charge them to the fullest that's what I don't understand,why the sensor says it's at 0%
Did you fix the problem? I have the same, all lights are green and in the app solo display 0% battery so I can’t fly, all this happen after a crash and a motor pod get damaged but i replace it, but I have this problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig