battery latch loose

Reaction score
I've noticed that there's a 1-2mm gap after each flight between the GPS housing and the battery. It doens't slide past that when I push it with my hand and I don't do acro just standard flight. Is this happening to anyone else? Should I still be concerned that this may eventually get looser and Solo may lose power and fall out of the sky?

I've noticed that there's a 1-2mm gap after each flight between the GPS housing and the battery. It doens't slide past that when I push it with my hand and I don't do acro just standard flight. Is this happening to anyone else? Should I still be concerned that this may eventually get looser and Solo may lose power and fall out of the sky?

The battery needs to be secure for any flight, there should be no fore aft play when locked in place.

The lower sides of the battery slide into rails at the bottom of the battery tray and at the top forward center of the battery is the latch that prevents the battery from moving rearward and unlocking.

When latched in place properly you will hear a click and there should be no play in the slides. I would remove the GPS cover and observe the latch mechanism action, it's just plastic. 2mm is near 50 thousandths which is enough to release the battery IMO.

The GPS cover can slide forward causing a gap, but it would not be a critical failure even if it fell off. Release the locking tabs on at the rear edge with a hobby knife, pop them up to release; then firmly slide the cover forward to expose the latching mechanism.

A while back I machined an opening in the frame above the GPS unit in hopes of better GPS signal, turned out it wasn't required. The opening did weaken the plastic around the latch so I keep an eye on it. I am in the habit of sliding the battery forward smartly and listen for the audible click. I also feel for resistance from the latch. I then tug the battery rearward to assure it is secured. Early on I flew my Solo in Arco thrashing about a lot with inverted flight, never had a battery issue.

Hopefully your GPS cover is just loose.

Reactions: Solo Keith
it's not the GPS cover...still clicks each time and it's more like a millimeter of play.

I wonder if it's from carry the Solo vertically when I went for a day hike last summer.

No one else has this issue?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado