Battery Issues Still Persist

Reaction score
OK....not meant to offend. I fly an XSP, but am always drawn to the Solo platform. The demise of the company has been disappointing.
I'd be using mine for business. That being said, how do you get around the poor battery life? 10-12 minutes is just not reasonable.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"10-12 min. Flight time" Is this less then your previous flight times?
3DR Advertised 15-20 Min. without any payload, With Gimbal & a GoPro about 15 min. All this being said, if you research "battery time" of "Flight Time" you may see that the average time is more along 12-14 Min. with normal wind conditions.
So your getting close what's been told by 3DR.

If your looking any mods to increase flight time, not too many?
1 member drilled lot's of Holes in the body of Solo, looked like swiss cheese "Lost of structural integrity" then there is swapping out the motors & props combination. Some here did try this, with minimal results.

Best answer is, you can learn to conserve battery by flying slower speeds, getting closer to subject to shoot & not to fly on windy days. I'm sure their are more tips. I practiced what i just preached & i get consistently 13 -15 MIN.

Hope this helps
Swich cheese.jpg

Last edited:
My best answer is by using multiple batteries. With that said I usually get the 12-14 minutes on all my batteries. If I'm on a multiple fly shoot, I use a new battery on each flight even though the last one might of only been a 5 min flight.

Last edited:
Reactions: RichWest
That is why i have spare batteries

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

What kind of flight time do you get with your XSP?
Does it have any features like Smart Shots?

Well if we'er going to talk multiple batteries, then:
With my suggestions & a little luck, I get 120 min "2 hours" of flight time, divided by my 7 batteries.
That's about 50 miles of flight distance.
:);)

What kind of flight time do you get with your XSP?
Does it have any features like Smart Shots?
Sorry for the slow response.
I usually get 18-20 minutes..depending. The XSP has Orbit, Follow, and Waypoints. I'm not sure how that compares to the 3DR Smart Shots, but from what I've read...nothing compares to the Smart Shots.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maddog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso