Batteries now online $49.95

My H3B (not plus) will give video but won't allow much control. Not bad but not really as compatible as the newer stuff.

Good Lord, we're wading hip-deep in batteries! Granted, the more you have the better, say - ahem - 10, but if they were at the original price ($150)... man, that's a lotta lettuce!
P.S.. Think I'm gonna throw some sort of adapter together to use Solo batts for charging other stuff (phones and tablets maybe) or some such thing. That way if your ipad runs low while flying, no problem.

Jumped at the chance and ordered two batts... received them two days later... and was surprised to see that the date on the bottom of both is 09/2015, which makes these over a year old, and even older than two that I bought over half a year ago which are dated 11/2015. Both of these "new old-stock" batteries were in sealed boxes with the clear protection covering the shiny top of both batteries. But both arrived charged to 50% capacity, which mystifies me completely. How can they sit for over a year and maintain 50% charge? Or do they get periodically recharged and repackaged before shipping?

They don't get recharged and packed again. Usually, when they are set at 50%, they'll stay that way a long time. Might be worth running a few cycles on each and keeping an eye on it to make sure they don't drop in voltage quickly once it hits 20-25%.

Reactions: Joe Horn
They don't get recharged and packed again. Usually, when they are set at 50%, they'll stay that way a long time. Might be worth running a few cycles on each and keeping an eye on it to make sure they don't drop in voltage quickly once it hits 20-25%.

Good to know! Thanks!

Thank you for the information. The 3's and 4's are coming down in price. Time for an upgrade I guess.
Thanks!

Hello!

I just saw the deal on Best Buy and wondered from actual owners if this would be a good purchase with the current state of 3DR?
As I understand it they are out of the drone business and doing software only these days.
If that is true what does the future of support look like?
I see the web site is still promoting sales but is that for what they have in stock and then it's done?
I am seriously torn here as this is a great deal and the platform is open source.

Thank you all in advance for your input and consideration in the matter.

Just go for it! It is a great drone! I bought it last year at the original price! and I don't regret it! Have had lots of fun!
00722b8f407ab3da577345db5256dfc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read that you wont be able to turn the video recording on and/or off from your device if you are using a hero 3+. You can however start recording before you put the camera in the gimbal. The hero 3+ does send good video to the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44