Batteries charging plan?

Reaction score
I have four batteries and plan a road trip next weekend.

It's an off-road day trip so the only power source would be an inverter in my Jeep where I would connect the charger. Furthermore, I only have one charger.

How to charge the batteries in preparation for the trip?

Charge them the day before and top them off the next day while driving to the trail? Not much time. Only a two-hour drive to the trailhead.

Any precautions?

I would charge them fully the night before you leave and head on out. They won't lose a noticeable amount of charge on the trip.

Just keep them cool (which shouldn't be a problem where you're at) and in a backpack or case of some kind to protect them from flying around in the event of a collision.

Once you use up the 1st battery, put it on the charger if you are close to your Jeep and can keep an eye on it while charging. (Only if you want to fly more than 4 batteries- in that case just charge them at home.)

Don't ever charge them unattended in case of a malfunction and resulting fire.

Reactions: DennisTPfpv
Thanks! Four batteries should be enough but I'll take the inverter anyways.
I keep all batteries in the Solo backpack, with everything else. May buy another charger later on, just in case since it takes a bit to charge them.
Not too bad since it allows the motors to cool down a bit.

Thanks! Four batteries should be enough but I'll take the inverter anyways.
I keep all batteries in the Solo backpack, with everything else. May buy another charger later on, just in case since it takes a bit to charge them.
Not too bad since it allows the motors to cool down a bit.
FYI B&H has the solo charger (SP11A) for 19.95

Reactions: jerryn
Also it is a really good idea to bring any user batteries up to about 50% charge shortly after using them. If you run a battery down below 10% and let it sit for a few days you might damage the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40