BandHPhoto

Reaction score
I purchased in May , bought the Gimbal Spare Battery and SOLO with the understanding they would arrive first week of JUNE at the latest ( Per B&H )
We know the rest , I called in July to inquire as to where we stood I was concerned that I would lose my ability to return the setup if dissatisfied ( he assured me the clock doesn't begin ticking till I actually get the full package. Also I was told the Gimbal would be here Mid July , That Person told me I would be given a FREE spare Batt for my patience, I let him know I was grateful and waited...........andddddddd waited .............
Well today it occurred to me that I was officially past my 30 day window to return, so being the OCD weirdo I am I called , spoke with another very kind and agreeable CS rep , he assured me the notes from my last call would ensure I recieved the batt I was promised he ALSO informed me that I was very High up in the queue to get the Gimbal and he believed they would be seeing them one week from today and I should have it by NEXT Friday.
He was also kind enough to Email me confirmation my return window does not begin until all pieces that I purchased are in my possession .

One of the ways I judge a company is by the way they speak to you and what they DO for you , in both cases I am very pleased with B and H , if either of these reps were in any way rude the Drone would have RTH'd right then and there.

I hope ( and believe) our patience on the gimbals will be rewarded .

FIngers crossed

Reactions: Acroduster
I purchased in May , bought the Gimbal Spare Battery and SOLO with the understanding they would arrive first week of JUNE at the latest ( Per B&H )
We know the rest , I called in July to inquire as to where we stood I was concerned that I would lose my ability to return the setup if dissatisfied ( he assured me the clock doesn't begin ticking till I actually get the full package. Also I was told the Gimbal would be here Mid July , That Person told me I would be given a FREE spare Batt for my patience, I let him know I was grateful and waited...........andddddddd waited .............
Well today it occurred to me that I was officially past my 30 day window to return, so being the OCD weirdo I am I called , spoke with another very kind and agreeable CS rep , he assured me the notes from my last call would ensure I recieved the batt I was promised he ALSO informed me that I was very High up in the queue to get the Gimbal and he believed they would be seeing them one week from today and I should have it by NEXT Friday.
He was also kind enough to Email me confirmation my return window does not begin until all pieces that I purchased are in my possession .

One of the ways I judge a company is by the way they speak to you and what they DO for you , in both cases I am very pleased with B and H , if either of these reps were in any way rude the Drone would have RTH'd right then and there.

I hope ( and believe) our patience on the gimbals will be rewarded .

FIngers crossed be

I also purchased my package from B&H.
Solo with gimbal
Extra battery "Free" offer listed at time of purchase.
GoPro Hero 4 Black.

Right before I ordered on line, i called to ask when everything will be delivered. Person told me the only thing that they had in stock was the SOLO and the camera, but he hopes i should receive everything by mid August.

I already knew that most of 3DR Solo products were hard to get from reading on line "that's when i found 3DRpilots.com in July .

Placed my order the same day. next day I get a email telling me that the Solo, with extra Free battery & Bak Pak LCD screen that works with the GoPro for free! will be included is shipment, $149+$79 Free, but still need to wait for Gimbal.

So B&H has been a good experience for me so far.
Been flying the Solo for a month now, never needed 3DR tech. support, but from what i hear, it's all good.

Why is all this important?
Today, there are horror stories of online & local purchases of hobby equipment. I have a few Horror stories my own, but just wanted to voice a good experience also.
You never here about the good one's, only the bad experience.

Fly Safely

In-a-way, I've waited for 53 years for the Solo. I ordered pretty early from B&H because I've dealt with them for years and they are solid. I had them hold off my shipment of the Solo until the Gimbal came in but I broke down last week and told them to ship what they had. It came in today (with the free spare batt) and I'm charging as I type. I've taken oblique photos of buildings and people for years with ladders, custom pole contraptions, and even a weather balloon. But I'm really excited about this new tool. Like you, I want 3DR to get the gimbal right bc it will save them and us a ton of problems in the future. That said I'll be patient and practice gimbaless.

In-a-way, I've waited for 53 years for the Solo. I ordered pretty early from B&H because I've dealt with them for years and they are solid. I had them hold off my shipment of the Solo until the Gimbal came in but I broke down last week and told them to ship what they had. It came in today (with the free spare batt) and I'm charging as I type. I've taken oblique photos of buildings and people for years with ladders, custom pole contraptions, and even a weather balloon. But I'm really excited about this new tool. Like you, I want 3DR to get the gimbal right bc it will save them and us a ton of problems in the future. That said I'll be patient and practice gimbaless.

Welcome to the club.

Reactions: baldguy
If you every come to New York City, it's worth checking out B&H's store.

If you every come to New York City, it's worth checking out B&H's store.
Indeed, the store's rather interesting. They have a conveyor system overhead when you're ready to make a purchase that goes all over the store (and has a really neat way of putting the packages up from behind the counter when you're ready to go!) and you just get into the queue for the checkout like a bank, go to a window, pay, and get your package(s) as you exit.
The hours are wonky due to religious reasons (most of the sales clerks are Hacidic Jews), but boy, that store knows it's stuff. Top shelf.

As for the gimbal, just keep checking the 3DR page--they updated August 2nd explaining the final delay--the gimbal is good, but not great in its yaw settings--so they want to make sure it's covered. They could have released the unit as-is, but they want it as perfect as possible. I agree with their sentiment, though I am absolutely dying to get it hooked up to my Solo.

Yea I ordered through B&H on purpose because I know what to expect from their service people. Excellent every time I have dealt with them.

Agreed about the B&H brick and mortar store in Manhattan. My wife and I made a trip there a few years ago. We went to see the typical sites but I had to see B&H. It was a good experience and worth the trip. Imagine if you could buy groceries like that... Hmmm

As for the gimbal delay, I think they are making a good decision. In a year nobody will remember the delay but if they release junk, nobody will ever forget.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo