Anyone having Problems with getting the Go Pro to Update.

Mr.Unknown: ( Mr. User Name) in the comment above you mentioned that you doubted that 3DR intentionally created a problem. My kind human nature would agree, but, and it is a BIG BUT, they have gone silent on the issue with me. I have a vague message that says SORRY but it will partially work. No one will contact me with even how to get Partial working.

They do keep the SALES team at it. They sent me another promotion today but they did not announce to anyone who is about to receive a gimbal who owns a Hero3+ Silver that it will not work. WHY? They could be honest and let everyone know. And let those people with the right equipment get the gimbal first.

It seems a shame I have the coveted gimbal but do not have a camera that will make it work. BUT when you get the Gimbal, on the BOX it clearly says that it will work with the camera, it will not work with. I will always wondered why they took my money not thinking to ask me if I had a camera it would work with. It is Impossible they did not know that the camera would not work as they had to change the specs.

I will let everyone here be their own Judge, it you think there is integrity in the way they are handling this, then who am I to disagree.

ALSO .. what about the extra battery for the wait. Has anybody got that little promised nugget of inducement to maintain loyalty to them?

Jublar: Your Conspiracy Theorist comment was great. Making this simple as I did is of course counter intuitive to a engineer or scientist but it is a well grounded principle. I am sure you have heard of Occam's Razor, the simple answer it most likely the answer. Their is another principle used in Law Enforcement... "Follow the Money" as most things in business are done for profit /gain.

Here is what I believe the public perception is.

3DR has a SOLO, the gimbal and all the cameras it says it works with sitting on a table, They put each of the cameras in the system them and test it, to confirm the specs. You know a typical quality control measure.

But that is not want happened before it went into production, and or distribution, as it does not work! The PUBLIC wants simple working products from companies who have been promised them.

Here is the damming point for 3DR even thou they knew / know it does not work, they are not telling their clients. They shipped the to the public and took the money when they had to know it did not work! NOT REAL SMART of 3DR to do this. Very bad public relations....

I am in San Diego, I have offered to take my drone to the 3DR Facilty here to make it work... that has not been responded to. They have also not called me from customer service, with a work around or any partial plan. I have a app that insists I have to update my camera to do anything when in fact my camera is not compatible.

George, I too would be upset if I were in your position. I haven't read all the sales literature but what I've seen here makes no mention that your silver model won't work. I don't know why this happened but I think it would be reasonable to wait and see if 3DR comes up with a fix or some resolution that you would find satisfactory.

I used to do what you're doing- I would get mad at somebody or about something and vent, rant and rave about it. Then I met a young soldier who lost both arm and legs in Afghanistan. He came home to a wife and 2 kids that way. After that, my problems didn't seem very big to me anymore- but that's just me.

I hope a satisfactory resolution to your issue is found as surely there must be more folks with the same problem.

Mad dog thank you for the nice comment. What I see to be prevalent in our society is that people lack a passion for doing what is right. It is right to be fair and honest. To this point based on the preponderance of the evidence it is my belief "money" is being protected.

If not 3DR would use the multiple levels of media they have access to and reach out to the clients. E mails, phones, Facebook and get out in front of the problem but they are "HIDING." They are not responding and coming up with a solution. Take a trade in on the cameras... offer an upgrade on the Hero4 at cost, something. I do not need two Go Pros. This would add another $450.00 to the cost of the solo for me. If I return Solo now they will lose more than the cost of giving me a camera.

Now I have a gimbal that does not work and others would love to have it. Had I known of the problem, (As 3 DR knew it) I would have said, smooth out the issue, and give the gimbal to someone else. Now I am dealing with returns, refunds and time I did not want to spend on this issue.

Nor has the free battery come that was supposed to be part of the deal for waiting...

Mad dog thank you for the nice comment. What I see to be prevalent in our society is that people lack a passion for doing what is right. It is right to be fair and honest. To this point based on the preponderance of the evidence it is my belief "money" is being protected.

If not 3DR would use the multiple levels of media they have access to and reach out to the clients. E mails, phones, Facebook and get out in front of the problem but they are "HIDING." They are not responding and coming up with a solution. Take a trade in on the cameras... offer an upgrade on the Hero4 at cost, something. I do not need two Go Pros. This would add another $450.00 to the cost of the solo for me. If I return Solo now they will lose more than the cost of giving me a camera.

Now I have a gimbal that does not work and others would love to have it. Had I known of the problem, (As 3 DR knew it) I would have said, smooth out the issue, and give the gimbal to someone else. Now I am dealing with returns, refunds and time I did not want to spend on this issue.

Nor has the free battery come that was supposed to be part of the deal for waiting...

George, did you follow the link in post #21? Apparently they put out a software fix for your issue this morning? That's the way it appears to me- I sure hope it's fixed!

Maddog: Thank you for the TIP.... I did the update and still NO VIDEO of any Kind. The App tells me I need to update my GoPro and then going to another Screen it says that the only the Hero3+ Black will work.

Thank you very much for the heads up... still trying!

What I see to be prevalent in our society is that people lack a passion for doing what is right. It is right to be fair and honest.

I fully agree that we see a lack of concern in society for doing what's right. But I also see a reality-TV fueled aggression, a lack of civility and a propensity to rant, rave and lob threats.

On the day you received your dongle, within 2 hours of your first post here, you were threatening contacting the attorney general and trying to instigate a class action law suit. Exactly what reaction do you think that will result in? Every post is a rant. How about calming down, having some patients and seeing if the situation will resolve itself. You have a clear case for a 100% refund, so it seems entirely reasonable to give it a few days and see if a solution can be found.

Maddog: Thank you for the TIP.... I did the update and still NO VIDEO of any Kind. The App tells me I need to update my GoPro and then going to another Screen it says that the only the Hero3+ Black will work.

Thank you very much for the heads up... still trying!

Well, that sucks! Keep us posted and let us know how this progresses. Be patient and persistent- I'm confident this will get fixed.

Is there a new firmware update to get full functionality on GP hero 3+ silver?

Is there a new firmware update to get full functionality on GP hero 3+ silver?
Cristo, I notice all of your posts have a running theme and are asking the same thing regarding GP and FULL functionality. Do you have a Solo you are having trouble with? Planning to get one? Or just baiting for advertised features not yet available?

Fly Safe..
Jubal

No bait bro - I got a solo gimbal and hero 3 + silver that has no video streaming and locks up go GoPro - thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44