Anyone fly in the past 24 hours?

Reaction score
I have a widget on my android that tells me what the current planetary k index is and showed a storm yesterday and raised solar activity right now. Just curious if this has caused any GPS issues for anyone.

SolarHam.com - Estimated Planetary K-Index

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I flew last night about 7 p.m., and after acquiring 9 sats on the ground, it would not hover at all. It would drift 3-4 feet in different directions. It was a little breezy, but nothing that would cause that much drift. I calibrated everything prior to takeoff, but I did neglect to check my k index app before flying, so maybe that was the cause of my "drunk" Solo. I will try it again before jumping to any conclusions. Thanks for the heads up, nuggetz.

I have a widget on my android that tells me what the current planetary k index is and showed a storm yesterday and raised solar activity right now. Just curious if this has caused any GPS issues for anyone.

SolarHam.com - Estimated Planetary K-Index

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
Never paid any attention to it and never heard of it until last year, despite flying for years. If you are comfortable in manual mode and fly VLOS it really shouldn't be anything to be concerned with. I fly in manual except when performing a Smart Shot anyway, and then I'm watching for any unexpected behavior to go back to manual. But it certainly wouldn't effect any plans to fly. Just my opinion. YMMV..

Edit: Flew today showing a new (to Solo) pilot and used the new Solex App exclusively through 4 batteries of Smart Shots. No Issues..

Last edited:
Reactions: EyeWingsuit
No problems here in the DC area. Friday evening, Saturday evening, and just now (Saturday mid-day). According to UAV Forecast app, the KP index has been rising and is now at 4. It is supposed to be 6 by Sunday evening, so things might get a little interesting tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks