Anyone else enjoying getting serial #1

Reaction score
I come in humor. I never like serial number one but really like the Solo even with the release process. If this stuff doesn't get you down and your looking for alternative FPV. I found them on kickstart and they are still selling them for PRE-order

Check out
Vufine

I can't wait for my winter Solo trick flying. This will plug right into the controller and might help dilute the question or need of "What is the best phone/pad to use?'

Nice like a mini version of what Adam savage made that big shoulder harness ordeal for sorta. Neat I think I'll wait to pre order again, until I get this all together though. Cool product though, maybe later on I'll try it out.

Nice like a mini version of what Adam savage made that big shoulder harness ordeal for sorta. Neat I think I'll wait to pre order again, until I get this all together though. Cool product though, maybe later on I'll try it out.

I don't mind jumping the gun for $170. Most of my mishaps occur when I'm messing with the crashed phone app. At least now hopefully I will focus on flying the plane.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
What phone or tab are you using that's one problem I've not ever even seen. I've seen folks talk about it plenty but using a galaxy s6 most times and an iPhone 5s on occasion I've not had a single app crash and I've gotta have a hundred flights now.

Yea 170 bucks isn't bad at all, I may jump on too after I get solo all together. I'll see how easy shots are to line up well and what I get outa my screen first, would be easier with one of these though. Didn't go through everything but I'm guessing prescription lenses or switching eyes are both able to be used or done too? I've not got glasses yet but I know that was savages big gripe on most fpv gear and I'll be needing them soon, likley have for a while now just not by driving test standards.

What phone or tab are you using that's one problem I've not ever even seen. I've seen folks talk about it plenty but using a galaxy s6 most times and an iPhone 5s on occasion I've not had a single app crash and I've gotta have a hundred flights now.

Yea 170 bucks isn't bad at all, I may jump on too after I get solo all together. I'll see how easy shots are to line up well and what I get outa my screen first, would be easier with one of these though. Didn't go through everything but I'm guessing prescription lenses or switching eyes are both able to be used or done too? I've not got glasses yet but I know that was savages big gripe on most fpv gear and I'll be needing them soon, likley have for a while now just not by driving test standards.
The S5 crashes more on DJI and Litchi then Solo. Messed a bit w the tab 4 and will do more with it later. I very much like a goggle feel but keeping the eye on the craft too.

Maddog -yes in the HDMI port on the controller

Reactions: Maddog
The S5 crashes more on DJI and Litchi then Solo. Messed a bit w the tab 4 and will do more with it later. I very much like a goggle feel but keeping the eye on the craft too.

Maddog -yes in the HDMI port on the controller

Hmm I wondered why I get lag a bit with the s6 when folks say they get none on other things with less under the hood, guess I should be happy though if others are still having app crashes. Honestly I thought the updates took care of the app crashing mostly since I've not heard much talk about it lately.

I actually got the s6 for a couple hundred bucks new in box on Craigslist just for solo, just got lucky when looking for a dedicated device. Only issue is its Verizon and I use AT&T so if I want gps for follow me I use my 5s. I actually get smoother near perfect feed from my iPhone 5s which is my actual phone but it's so small and scratched I rarely use it beside for follow me. Overall I've had great luck with the app though I may have seen it crash once, week one but that's the only time on either device.

Actually I think if I change from my iPhone data plan to a smartphone one with Att my vzw s6 will work on Att too but so far I just swapped the Sim and changed apn and got voice calls but not data. I'm actually thinking of getting another device and using my s6 as my phone sooner or later if it works this way.

Hmm I wondered why I get lag a bit with the s6 when folks say they get none on other things with less under the hood, guess I should be happy though if others are still having app crashes. Honestly I thought the updates took care of the app crashing mostly since I've not heard much talk about it lately.

I actually got the s6 for a couple hundred bucks new in box on Craigslist just for solo, just got lucky when looking for a dedicated device. Only issue is its Verizon and I use AT&T so if I want gps for follow me I use my 5s. I actually get smoother near perfect feed from my iPhone 5s which is my actual phone but it's so small and scratched I rarely use it beside for follow me. Overall I've had great luck with the app though I may have seen it crash once, week one but that's the only time on either device.

Actually I think if I change from my iPhone data plan to a smartphone one with Att my vzw s6 will work on Att too but so far I just swapped the Sim and changed apn and got voice calls but not data. I'm actually thinking of getting another device and using my s6 as my phone sooner or later if it works this way.
Last summer I picked up two S5 sport -water resistant, off of craigslist. I didn't want the S6 as the battery is not replaceable. I've been grounded for almost 3 weeks waiting for motor pods. Hopefully updates will make the S5 more stable. Still might get a 10" dedicated tab but playing with to many other mods 1st. I do like the Vufine concept to eliminate glare.

Reactions: Maddog
Much cheaper than most good options too, I may try it before getting another device now that I'm weighing options. Yea sucks about the battery and how their no longer waterproof but I love the phone, just not the battery life.

Reactions: Burkeam
Last summer I picked up two S5 sport -water resistant, off of craigslist. I didn't want the S6 as the battery is not replaceable. I've been grounded for almost 3 weeks waiting for motor pods. Hopefully updates will make the S5 more stable. Still might get a 10" dedicated tab but playing with to many other mods 1st. I do like the Vufine concept to eliminate glare.

I use an iPad mini 3 and have had no issues with the app crashing. I too really like the Vufine because despite having an anti-glare shield and a sunshade it's still difficult to see the screen in daylight.

Reactions: Burkeam

Yikes there are know copies of S6 coming out of china, even the specs page is fake in the android settings pages, the only way to know is to run benchmark software which will show the true specs...

You should probably check. Google how to tell.

Yikes there are know copies of S6 coming out of china, even the specs page is fake in the android settings pages, the only way to know is to run benchmark software which will show the true specs...

You should probably check. Google how to tell.
The Nexus 7 is $150 bucks on Amazon. Works great. So does the iPad mini!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44