Any one working on a battery mod?

I can see how it could be confusing. Weight is everything on these multirotors. I pull ~4 amps less from the motors without the gimbal and camera installed. 2 out of the 3 Solos I'm currently flying don't have gimbals, and I do see improved flight times due to the reduced weight. They are a bit more sporty too but I would need to tune the PIDs (without the gimbal) to get the most out of it.

Got your email, thanks. Man, I have a lot to learn... still. Looks like quite the setup. I'm just looking for more signal quality, not to fly out that far... but it would be good at times, like when I'm out on the boat and check on pirates (yes they do exist on open water).

Cheers
OVER WATER YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM ON THE DISTANCE wifi works line of sight and keep in mine out a few miles the curve will get you unless you keep it high with this wattage which isnt much it can go up to 40 some miles

Good idea, however did you ever notice the amperage draw while Solo is in flight? Would take a big solar cell to even help out with in-flight charging I'm afraid. And, over an hour to re-charge... on the ground. I'm sure eventually someone or 3DR is going to come out with a larger capacity battery, though weight will always be the issue.

Cheers
move to a lower kv like a 350kv motor bigger props or a 3 bladed prop for longer battery life and more lift they run slower but with more torque so a bigger prop which turns more air at a slower speed giving you more battery life

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig