Another New Video with 3DR Gimbal

Honestly Earl to me it would the ultimate shot for a million things. My fingers are not good enough to make my "other bird" do this. Not to mention you can add gimbal tilt to it.
Needed to do a shot last week that I just couldn't safely pull off without dialed-in waypoints aka "Cable Cam". Tried a couple times with the P3P but had to give up - too many simultaneous
fast-moving variables without the assistance of Solo's cable cam - I've tucked this shot away for shooting sometime in the future once Solo has a gimbal to complement the rest of the "smart" bird.

Looks great but tbh looked bit a shakey at times, but that's just my opinion.
I hope the final product is a bit more stable than that.

Looks great but tbh looked bit a shakey at times, but that's just my opinion.
I hope the final product is a bit more stable than that.
Ah, you just edit out the shaky parts in post. There's no dolly solution on earth that's totally flawless at all points of its travel, and this one's doing it in thin air.

I love the movement from 0:55-058. You can see from the shadow how much the bird tilts, but the camera stays dead level!

Hmm, are people forgetting that this is not the production model for the Solo. This promo was created months ago and as far as I know no one outside of 3DR has seen what the gimbal will look like.

The Solo in the video is close to a production model (silver sticks, maybe longer antenna's) but is not the production model.

Also people keep saying that the gimbals have shipped but there is no evidence of this.

This if from the OFFICIAL August 2nd statement:

So that’s where we stand. We made some changes and started production......The plan is to ship gimbals mid-month. We are doing more testing in the next week and will be able to officially speak to dates at the end of this week or beginning of the one following..

That was 15 days ago,,and NOTHING except silence! A lot of you know me, I have been a SOLO Super fan. My machine has been perfect. I am pleased with what I have and what it can do. What I am displeased with is the total lack of regard for me (and all of you) as a customer to make crystal clear statements which we tend to hang on every word,,,,,and turn out to be absolutely meaningless. It's "let them eat cake" mentality. I love the machine, I think their Tech Support and CS beats the pants off the other competitor, but the Customer Relations skills do more to create anxiety and dissatisfaction than they do to alleviate it,,,which is what PR/CR is SUPPOSED to do!

OK,,I feel better now. Carry on.

Reactions: Jubalr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000