Another New Video with 3DR Gimbal

Reaction score
Since it has already been shared on boards and twitter, here is CEO Chris Anderson doing a CableCam 8/9...
I think it looks pretty good.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Since it has already been shared on boards and twitter, here is CEO Chris Anderson doing a CableCam 8/9...
I think it looks pretty good.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
WOW.. flawless!! you noticed the movement smooth as hell.. we need to findout if this a raw footage or converted.

WOW.. flawless!! you noticed the movement smooth as hell.. we need to findout if this a raw footage or converted.
Description says that it is raw video. Probably just edited for time and music added.

The excitement with 3DR showing more footage of this almost mythical gimbal does not impress me.

What would impress me is seeing what the gimbal now looks like attached to the Solo and a solid ETA for people that pre-ordered.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Very nice. I think the cable cam is the coolest thing about the Solo.

Extremely useful tool.

I know it seems to piss people off when they show videos from the Gimbal. It's like that test unit somehow takes away from them getting their own. But I personally like seeing it tested. And since 3DR verified that the gimbals went into production last week, then I have to assume that this video is probably from a production unit with the latest firmware.

I know it seems to piss people off when they show videos from the Gimbal. It's like that test unit somehow takes away from them getting their own. But I personally like seeing it tested. And since 3DR verified that the gimbals went into production last week, then I have to assume that this video is probably from a production unit with the latest firmware.

I think its good they show video.

Regarding went into production last week I am not sure they said that. I think they said they started production. Might mean they started making the circuit boards, or hero connector or whatever :)

Yea I am a cynic :confused:

Time will tell, but I bet the final is still 2 or 3 weeks away.

Yea the video looks good! I like to see testes of the video. It means that they are not just sitting on their hands. I cant wait for a good quality product and then laugh in all the P3 owners faces.

Yea the video looks good! I like to see testes of the video. It means that they are not just sitting on their hands. I cant wait for a good quality product and then laugh in all the P3 owners faces.
and laugh to droneflyers.com like my avatar picture hahaha

To me the video means nothing about the gimbal production or delivery to customers. Its the same ole, "See what the Solo can do with the Gimbal attached".

You know whats a better picture, the Gimbal itself. I even have an idea with the caption of the picture should be called....Solo Takes A Selfie.

To me the video means nothing about the gimbal production or delivery to customers. .

I don't believe it is supposed to have anything to do with production/delivery. Just how it is performing with most likely a production gimbal and current firmware.

I don't believe it is supposed to have anything to do with production/delivery. Just how it is performing with most likely a production gimbal and current firmware.

I know, I'm just being difficult as I want them to show the actually Gimbal attached to the Solo :D

Honestly Earl to me it would the ultimate shot for a million things. My fingers are not good enough to make my "other bird" do this. Not to mention you can add gimbal tilt to it.

Love this video. Looks fantastic. Thanks for posting it Jubalr. It just makes me more excited for the gimbal's release. I know it's taking longer than any of us, especially 3dr, wanted. But i would rather they get it right before I get it. Besides, half the fun of Christmas is the anticipation.

Of course I have the luxury of waiting since I drove my Solo into a shed and am more concerned about getting a replacement motor pod (on order) at this point.

Got good news today that my free extra battery is shipping from B&H.

Hopefully pods and gimbals shipping from 3dr soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000