Another Drone shooting

Totally agree with you there. The FAA really needs to get ahead of this before it becomes accepted.

I have never seen a PCP air gun that holds only 5 rounds. Most of them are between 10 and 18.

4.5mm is referred to as .177 in the US. PCP come in many calibers. Most common are .22, .25 and .30. They also have larger calibers such as .357 and .50.

The later will kill a deer from 200 yards away.

Just saying.

Sorry OOT :)
The older PCP rifle models < year 2000 can't hold 10 pellets. I got my first unit in 1990 from UK.
UK was the first country in the world to make PCP.
I have a 5 shots match pistol type from Feinwerkbau called the C5, but was still C02 powered though but its freakin awesome German precision engineering.

In my country only 4.5mm airgun is legally free of permit. 5.5mm and above uses fire arm licence and its a bitch to get one and we need to keep rifle type firearm at the shooting club locker all the time, not allowed to bring home, except bring to hunt with another special permit per hunt.

In the UK, above 12 foot pounds of power, airfun need special permit. If me country as free as USA for airgun, I would order those custom made crazy big calibers one from US. Silencer for air-gun is legal in my country, but in USA its illegal...LOL.

FYI: INFO. FOR BUILDING A CASE : Recently read an article : (Condensed: 1.) You cannot shoot a person who is only trespassing and does not constitute a direct threat to you or a third party 2.) shooting in the air is against the law in almost all municipalities 3.) Making a hypothetical situation that the shot connects and when the drone falls to the ground, it seriously injures someone. The shooter may find himself in criminal and civil proceedings. 4.) The FAA consider a drone an aircraft. It's a violation of federal law to shoot at an aircraft and can result in heavy fines and/or imprisonment.

Maybe I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time, but all I see coming from this is even more restricted places to fly and potentially the requirement to have a license to fly recreationally. It keeps getting cited that drones are the same as aircrafts in the eyes of the FAA, but we don't have the same licensing requirements, so are we really the same. What about insurance? Isn't drone insurance optional? Don't think insurance is optional for a plane.

Respect your neighbors privacy and don't fly in for a close up or risk something bad happening

Respect your neighbors privacy and don't fly in for a close up or risk something bad happening

From the incidents I've read about, the shooters claiming an invasion of his/his family's privacy has been directly refuted by the on-board video showing the drone was nowhere near close enough to constitute such or pose a danger.

I agree that this has potential to become unnecessarily onerously restrictive, and that we should take care to avoid potential conflicts, but at the same time, suspicion on the actions of the drone pilot shouldn't be the default.

I've experienced agressive behavior on the part of strangers while minding my own business flying in a deserted town field. On several occasions, I've had people drive up with, park a few hundred feet away, blind me with high beams and a light bar on their pickup, and the proceed to follow me for several miles after I packed up and left the field to avoid an escalation.

From the incidents I've read about, the shooters claiming an invasion of his/his family's privacy has been directly refuted by the on-board video showing the drone was nowhere near close enough to constitute such or pose a danger.

Can't speak for other incidents, but the one linked here mentioned something about the son seeing people on the ipad and asked who they were and the drone operator flew in for a closer look.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anomaly.Filmworks