Alfa antenna conductors shorted together?

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm new here. I'm not sure that this topic has come up before or not. Did a quick search but didn't see anything specific to this. I just got my pair of Alfa 7dbi antennas today. Prior to putting them on, I popped it open to see which direction I need to face it towards the drone. I also did a impedance test and found that both inner conductor and outter ground wires are shorted together. I also confirmed this at the SMA connector side. My question is, is this normal and by design? If not, will this hurt the transmitter? Both antennas exhibit this phenomenon (or issue). Any antenna or electrical engineer can confirm before I use it?

Thank you!

Been doing a little reading. I came to the conclusion that this is fine. At low frequencies it seems short, but it acts differently at high frequencies, so it appears by design.

Hey all, I'm new here. I'm not sure that this topic has come up before or not. Did a quick search but didn't see anything specific to this. I just got my pair of Alfa 7dbi antennas today. Prior to putting them on, I popped it open to see which direction I need to face it towards the drone. I also did a impedance test and found that both inner conductor and outter ground wires are shorted together. I also confirmed this at the SMA connector side. My question is, is this normal and by design? If not, will this hurt the transmitter? Both antennas exhibit this phenomenon (or issue). Any antenna or electrical engineer can confirm before I use it?

Thank you!
The white ALFA letters face towards the aircraft. Also remember since they are linearly polarized, the antennas should be close to vertical (up or down) to match the orientation of the antennas in Solo.

Thanks for confirming Dogman.

Andrew, I was able to confirm visually as well through limited testing that the Alfa lettering do face towards the aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks