Agh! Rain!

Reaction score
Yes, there were clouds, but I did not see or expect it to start drizzling out of the blue. I was at about 200', but not far away, luckily. Quickly brought it back fighting the wind in manual and made a bouncy, but safe landing. Probably 30 or 40 water drops were on the body and arms. I shut it down immediately and took it inside. How concerned should I be about a few drops having gotten into a motor or two? I expect it's quite likely that some did.

I'm sure your fine maybe sit it upside down or in front of a fan I haven't heard on solo but I know my p2 is somewhat water resistant at least and it's got a bit wet before without issue.

I'd let it dry overnight if your concerned but wouldn't think it's time to break out the rice and tear it down or anything.

Funny you would say that. The same JUST happened here. Out for storm flight and heading towards the lake and...

drop3.jpg

High tailed it home from about 1/2 mile.

Reactions: prowler9
Funny you would say that. The same JUST happened here. Out for storm flight and heading towards the lake and...

View attachment 802

High tailed it home from about 1/2 mile.
Boy, you guys are lucky. I am in Calif., and it was 108 degrees today, and the air quality was terrible from all the forest fires on the western part of the state. I would give a lot to have some of your rain, even with no flying......:(

I would love to send some Chuck. I know you need it. Hope when it comes its gentle for a while and not a downpour.

I would love to send some Chuck. I know you need it. Hope when it comes its gentle for a while and not a downpour.
Well, they are saying we may get a very strong El Nino this year. If is like it was in 1997, that means flooding, and a whole lot of damage. I hope you are right, rrmccabe. Long and gentle, would be the ticket. I would not have to go too far to find somewhere dry to fly.

Plenty dry down here in Texas. After all the rain we had in May and June we have not had any since. The last 3 weeks it was in the 100's for highs. We have been in the upper 90's this week which is a little relief. Come on rain!.....and cool weather.:)

We are on FIRE in Washington!

if you have an air compressor, I would blow out the motors just in case.

Here in Louisiana, we don't ever hurt for rain. We did have a recent dry spell - about two weeks - which can almost be classified as a drought down here.

Looks like the bird is fine - fired up the motors this morning.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Here in Louisiana, we don't ever hurt for rain. We did have a recent dry spell - about two weeks - which can almost be classified as a drought down here.

Looks like the bird is fine - fired up the motors this morning.
Great!! Do like I do and fly between showers :)

I fly my 3DR Iris+ in rain and snow pretty often. The Solo looks a lot more weather proof than the Iris.

Of course 3DR doesn't recommend it. Nor do I. But I do it a lot anyway.

I've had quite a few deep snow "landings." The motors often get packed with snow. In those instances I kill power quickly, bring it inside, dry out each motor with a blow dryer and leave the Iris over a warm air vent over night.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44