Aftermarket Gimbal Help - Almost there!

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been working on the installation of an aftermarket 2 axis gimbal into my otherwise stock Solo. Thanks to Drone Worships wonderful walk-through on his You Tube channel, I'm on the verge of what would be a functional install, with the exception that my gimbal tilt control is reversed.

With the camera angle indicating 90 degrees on the controller, the camera is facing straight out the front of the quad (as expected). Moving the gimbal tilt control to 0 degrees results in the camera pointing straight up instead of down.

The gimbal is an old (but NIB) Walkera Q-2D 2 axis gimbal i had laying around from an unfinished project. Hoping someone else that's been through this might have encountered a similar issue, and was able to identify a fix?

Things i've done include:

1 - Setting RC6_REV to -1 (reversed) - no change
2 - Flipping RC6_MIN RC_MAX values - no change
3 - Flipping two of the tilt brushless motor wires - no change

My RC6 settings are shown below

Screenshot_20180804-231844_Tower Beta.jpg

Any advice or guidance would be appreciate before i throw in the towel on this install and seek an alternative gimbal that foks are having success with. Can't help feel it's something dumb/simple i'm missing.

- Vortech

90 degree is facing forward. I have the solo gimbal. Hope this helps!

My bad, I skimmed and shit posted. Not what I meant to do sorry.

Jon, thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately no luck, I tried three different tests.

Test 1: rc6_function=7 I lose the ability to tilt the gimbal
Test 2: rc6_function=7 and rc6_rev=-1 (Solex says -1 is equal to Reverse) I lose the ability to tilt the gimbal
Test 3: rc6_rev=-1 No change in tilt rotation (still reversed)

Wish there was a way to just reverse a channel like we used to do with RC servos :) If you have any other suggestions, please keep them coming!

My experience is with Tarot and SimpleBGC. Not sure how different yours is but maybe you can see a setting in the gimbal software setup connecting it to a pc. Again I have no idea if the Walkera has configuration software. Just an idea.

With no abiity to program the controller, I gave up on this setup and installed a cheap 2 axis gimbal that I ordered off e-bay. Gimbal tilt is working as expected.

With no abiity to program the controller, I gave up on this setup and installed a cheap 2 axis gimbal that I ordered off e-bay. Gimbal tilt is working as expected.
Excellent. Glad it is working. And thanks for the followup!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc