After Christmas Sale Best Buy

I think they fluctuate the price in waves on purpose to boost sales and also keep 3dr from having too many customer service emails with defective product or help setting things up. Kinda glad I sold my $350 package for $700 on ebay before it dropped again 2 weeks ago.

I think they fluctuate the price in waves on purpose to boost sales and also keep 3dr from having too many customer service emails with defective product or help setting things up. Kinda glad I sold my $350 package for $700 on ebay before it dropped again 2 weeks ago.
i hope you won't get scammed. There's a lot of ebay scammers.

I seem to recall the price going up after the initial $500 deal, and then again when it went to $400. I think they're just doing these sales about a week at a time to bleed off stock, and if someone buys between the sales, they're happy to take the higher price for them.

As tempting as the $300 sale was, I just couldn't justify a 4th Solo, but I did just pick up two more batteries and a spare gimbal. I wish motor pods were more widely available (at these kind of sale prices), but it seems 3DR either didn't make many, or is holding onto their stock for Site Scan support. Oh well, I think 3 Solos, 4 gimbals and 10 batteries will do me for the foreseeable future!

Here I am contemplating if I should have bought the 299$ solo for my next kit. I already got one for the 350$ BF sale. I price matched it to 299$. Do you guys think it will be coming back to 299$? If so, I am definitely pulling the trigger that time.

i hope you won't get scammed. There's a lot of ebay scammers.

I know! I'm not spending the money yet and I did everything in my power I could think of to protect myself..

-Did a last test flight before packaging, after it had sold, copied that video to my computer and left it on the SD card. (gopro included in my sale)
-Copied off controller flight logs
-Took pics of serial and condition of panels to look for evidence of replacing internals. Many more photos than were included in the auction.
-Signature required on delivery.

Hopefully I am covered, it was delivered a week ago now and I havent heard a thing yet.

They will still keep parts in stock since they are selling the Site Scan package. They wouldn't sell a 12k dollar package with no support or parts.

I read an article in Forbes on-line which stated that 3DR will cease ALL drone manufacturing and sales and will focus solely on commercial software solutions.

The quote: “'We’re not making anymore Solos and we’re not going to make another drone,' said Anderson, who suggested that 3D Robotics would start developing software for other drone makers."
Anderson is Chris Anderson, CEO of 3DR, according to the article, which was posted 5 October 2016.

I read an article in Forbes on-line which stated that 3DR will cease ALL drone manufacturing and sales and will focus solely on commercial software solutions.

The quote: “'We’re not making anymore Solos and we’re not going to make another drone,' said Anderson, who suggested that 3D Robotics would start developing software for other drone makers."
Anderson is Chris Anderson, CEO of 3DR, according to the article, which was posted 5 October 2016.
Yes, it was discussed at the time of publishing here...

Reactions: SARDG
And yet I spoke to a company support person that said 3DR is appearing to still be making them. He based this on the fact that they are sending components to 3DR to use in the Solo for the Site Scan project.

FWIW, it looks like it's 25% off 3 or more accessories. I got propellers for $5.99 per 2-pack. I'm not sure how good of a deal that is, i'm new to this thing. The 25% did not take money off the $34.99 batteries although the language on the page indicates it should.

Weird. I bought the drone package deal for $349 during the Cyber Monday sale. Couple weeks later it dropped down to $299. I called BB and they Price Matched my purchase and I got $50 refunded. When I bought my drone I also purchased 2 extra batteries. Called BB this morning since I seen they went to a lower price and they claimed that they can't Price Match items sold during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. They did it for the drone but not the batteries.

I have a question I bought to solos
But 1 came with the leg riser and the other one did not any reason why?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: William Zendejas
I have a question I bought to solos
But 1 came with the leg riser and the other one did not any reason why?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also bought one and it did not come with leg risers.. Were can I buy these?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Missing leg extenders isn't uncommon.
It used to be that you could call 3DR and they would send you a free dry
I have no idea if that is still true.
They did for me in July.

Missing leg extenders isn't uncommon.
It used to be that you could call 3DR and they would send you a free dry
I have no idea if that is still true.
They did for me in July.
It's still true.. I just contacted 3dr and they are sending me the leg extenders

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Tried buying gimbal, battery and props online with BB but could not figure out how to get the 25% discount. It stated if you buy 3 or more select items you get 25% off. It did not reflect in my final checkout. Ideas??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig