Advice on picking up a 'good' 3dr Solo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to buy 2 or 3 Solos in the next day or two. It seems that some hardware is faulty and some is not. Any advice on trying to pick up 'good' ones?

Thanks in advance

Roger

1. Grab one in the store. Don't buy "open box" one.
2. Pay for it.
3. Take it home and set it up properly. (IE: update the software, read the instructions, study the manual)
4. Test fly it in a safe location using proper pre-flight procedures.
5. Keep or return/exchange as indicated by experience in #4.
6. Enjoy!

Don't forget to register with the FAA. Takes about 5 minutes and only costs $5 for a 3-year registration.

Last edited:
I think the only "faulty hardware" is the GPS board and many, including myself, have flown successfully multiple times without any issues. I have a Rev. A GPS board that came in my Solo and it's over a year old; I haven't had a single GPS lock failure or flyaway. If you start having GPS issues then you can buy an upgraded GPS board and swap the boards in about 10 minutes with a single screwdriver.

Reactions: FlyXlsa
1. Grab one in the store. Don't buy "open box" one.
2. Pay for it.
3. Take it home and set it up properly. (IE: update the software, read the instructions, study the manual)
4. Test fly it in a safe location using proper pre-flight procedures.
5. Keep or return/exchange as indicated by experience in #4.
6. Enjoy!

Don't forget to register with the FAA. Takes about 5 minutes and only costs $5 for a 3-year registration.

BestBuy has a pretty liberal return policy if you need to order it/them online because of local supply.

BestBuy has a pretty liberal return policy if you need to order it/them online because of local supply.

And if you are a My Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus member, your return privileges are even greater (longer returns allowed periods). Though, with as fast as these will likely sell out you'd be best off to test fly them right away and return/exchange right away before supply dries up completely.

Reactions: FlyXlsa
Buy the backpack deal. I think most of those are rev b as they were issued much later in the product cycle after the gimbal was released. Everyone of them I got from BB recently has been a rev b.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M