Above the Ice Fisherman

Reaction score
After many days at temperates below zero (F), I finally had a warmer, calmer day to do some flying. However, it was dark and dreary. Still learning and making mistakes in flight (a evident in various places).

I processed this entire video with Davinci Resolve 12 just to see how it does from start to finish. So much to learn yet about color grading. I'm very proficient in Adobe Lightroom but that doesn't all translate to grading in Resolve. Shot at 2.7K, 60fps and encoded to 1080p.

It was fun on the ice as some of the fisherman were curious and drove there trucks over to watch me fly. Solo sure attracts attention.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Acroduster
Nice work- sure LOOKS cold!

As others will probably mention, keeping your videos around a minute or two will be helpful as most people will lose interest beyond that.

Keep 'em coming!

Nicely done! A word of caution: I noticed you landed using RTH. The pros I've seen on this site recommend taking off and landing in Fly:Manual. On an ice sheet, there may not be any issues, but losing GPS while close to the ground can and does happen, so practice using the manual mode - it can only benefit you.

Nicely done! A word of caution: I noticed you landed using RTH. The pros I've seen on this site recommend taking off and landing in Fly:Manual. On an ice sheet, there may not be any issues, but losing GPS while close to the ground can and does happen, so practice using the manual mode - it can only benefit you.

thank you! I hadn't come across that point but will do in the future. This was only flight 4 for me never having flown so I felt FTH was helpful. I should know how to land regardless!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc