A quick video of a friends house done with Solo and a GP3B at 1080/60

Nice. What settings were you using?

Speed up the vid from time to time and keep the clips fairly short.

Reactions: Maddog
Nice and smooth. The addition of the birds added a peaceful touch. For another variation, I'd suggest shooting close and low, then gaining altitude and distance to reveal the home; kind of like a house selfie. I'd have to agree with Acroduster; a little more speed on some of the shots would also be nice. It looks like your gimbal is working perfectly. Good stuff; nice house. Please share your GoPro settings and your post processing info.

GPH3B was set at 1080/60fps, protune off, medium view. Processed with iPhoto on a Macbook Pro. I did not use GP Studio. Video came straight out of the camera and I used no filter. I was really impressed with the way the GP handled the high contrast shooting into the sun. The shadow detail held up pretty well.

The Solo is flying really well but I am still pretty anal about avoiding a loss of link so at the machine went to the far side of the house I increased the altitude to maintain LOS. I did not use any of the smart shot features. All of the flying was just me doing the best I could which contributed to some of the framing errors.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Comments welcome.
Very very smooth!! I know your friend loved the movie of his house. What editor do you like to use? The transitions looked good.

My wife Chris found the music and did the editing in Apple's iMovie program. There are some really good, although basic, tools in that program that make the assembly of a movie fairly easy. If you are a Mac user but not up to speed on iMovie, there are really, REALLY good tutorials for this one and many other programs on Lynda.com. For about $25/mo,without a long term commitment, you can get effective training on almost any program or subject.

Reactions: Ralph E. Johnson
Thanks Bill
I have tried GoPro studio but when I upgraded to Windows 10 it started crashing all the time. I'm enjoying Windows MivieMaker as its about the simplest program I've found with nice transitions. I will try Apple imovie app. Just started trying to use Adobe Premier Pro but it's slow going:) but I'm taking a tutorial. Keep sending the videos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44