4.5 miles on a modded Solo

I'm not trolling the site. I'm giving info about my experience. It's a conversation. It started by signing up to the IRIS+/SOLO Forum when I first joined up with 3D Robotics. Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow. I know it was for me during the last 2 years I've tried to hold on and continue to believe in 3DR.

I absolutely had no idea what the DJI stuff was about. I had heard some things not so great but I had not seen or flown one. I didn't even like the looks of it. And when the Solo came out about the same time as the Phantom 2 there was no comparison. It not only looked futuristic and cool, Solo kicked the Phantoms butt hands down. And I was the first to argue with all my associates about DJI vs 3DR. Believe me if you could have heard the conversations. But that was then. Then as in a year and a half ago. When 3DR had a superior product and customer service. And now,,,, 3DR has some problems. I'm not sure they will recover and survive. I hope they come up with something impressive. It's like how we had to wait for the Gimbal. Long overdue. While the competition is developing 3 new models.

If you have never flown the new white cube then you are not a true drone aficionado and you most certainly want to try it. The form factor and flying model is completely different than Solo. For one thing, you can depend on. Honestly it is very dependable. Even while flying from full GPS lock to in under trees and into a large metal building. Not a glitch or shake or hiccup. And without the clunky GoPro. At 28 minutes of solid flight it is quite impressive.

Happy Flying! Be Safe!

Early this month you stated you owned 3 x Iris+, is this thread you stated you owned 4 x Iris+. Which is it? I am not pretending to be Sherlock Holmes or anything but there is pattern in all your posts. With so much drone ownership do you do this professionally? Do you have a website? If there was some evidence of all your experience that would be helpful. Just trying to help.

I believe it was 3 IRIS and 4 SOLO. It's easy to loose track when you have so much traffic in cross shipping and returns. Life gets in the way when you can afford the kind of money I have spent on aerial photography. I did not log anything. Except the Logs. And 3DR has plenty of evidence. It's why they gave me a Solo and Gimbal after the never ending issues I had with IRIS.

So, excuse me, I expected 3DR to continue to take care of me. It is not only me they have failed but many others who used to be in voice contact with their company. And since the retail price is falling on the Solo I imagine there will be a few unsuspecting uninformed new customers while old returned refurbished stock last.

With the GPS issues and constant HDMI cable issues and battery life and freaking out under coverage losing GPS signal and manually having to switch off GPS flight so you can gain control it just became to much. I paid for a working finished product. I gave 3DR over a year and a half to get their act together. And while I don't mind funding R&D work I just don't want it to be on the one I just purchased. They flubbed the SOLO release. They flubbed the Gimbal release. They flubbed by ending customer phone support. Flubbed! I don't know, I believe it's and industry term. haha !

Like I said..... For Me...... The Writing Was On The Wall!
I got rid of this broken incomplete bastardized toy while I could. I can assure you after using the P4 I'm so glad I did.

But, then again, you will see soon enough when you end up with one. But don't switch unless you want a dependable vehicle that flies better than advertised. Oh, and customer support that still can afford to offer customer phone support. True Story!

I believe it was 3 IRIS and 4 SOLO. It's easy to loose track when you have so much traffic in cross shipping and returns. Life gets in the way when you can afford the kind of money I have spent on aerial photography. I did not log anything. Except the Logs. And 3DR has plenty of evidence. It's why they gave me a Solo and Gimbal after the never ending issues I had with IRIS.

So, excuse me, I expected 3DR to continue to take care of me. It is not only me they have failed but many others who used to be in voice contact with their company. And since the retail price is falling on the Solo I imagine there will be a few unsuspecting uninformed new customers while old returned refurbished stock last.

With the GPS issues and constant HDMI cable issues and battery life and freaking out under coverage losing GPS signal and manually having to switch off GPS flight so you can gain control it just became to much. I paid for a working finished product. I gave 3DR over a year and a half to get their act together. And while I don't mind funding R&D work I just don't want it to be on the one I just purchased. They flubbed the SOLO release. They flubbed the Gimbal release. They flubbed by ending customer phone support. Flubbed! I don't know, I believe it's and industry term. haha !

I got rid of this broken incomplete bastardized toy while I could. I can assure you after using the P4 I'm so glad I did.

But, then again, you will see soon enough when you end up with one. But don't switch unless you want a dependable vehicle that flies better than advertised. Oh, and customer support that still can afford to offer customer phone support. True Story!
you are funny:rolleyes:...its almost like you are a complete liar....photos/video/proof or it never happened

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
I'm not trolling the site. I'm giving info about my experience. It's a conversation. It started by signing up to the IRIS+/SOLO Forum when I first joined up with 3D Robotics. Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow. I know it was for me during the last 2 years I've tried to hold on and continue to believe in 3DR.

I absolutely had no idea what the DJI stuff was about. I had heard some things not so great but I had not seen or flown one. I didn't even like the looks of it. And when the Solo came out about the same time as the Phantom 2 there was no comparison. It not only looked futuristic and cool, Solo kicked the Phantoms butt hands down. And I was the first to argue with all my associates about DJI vs 3DR. Believe me if you could have heard the conversations. But that was then. Then as in a year and a half ago. When 3DR had a superior product and customer service. And now,,,, 3DR has some problems. I'm not sure they will recover and survive. I hope they come up with something impressive. It's like how we had to wait for the Gimbal. Long overdue. While the competition is developing 3 new models.

If you have never flown the new white cube then you are not a true drone aficionado and you most certainly want to try it. The form factor and flying model is completely different than Solo. For one thing, you can depend on. Honestly it is very dependable. Even while flying from full GPS lock to in under trees and into a large metal building. Not a glitch or shake or hiccup. And without the clunky GoPro. At 28 minutes of solid flight it is quite impressive.

Happy Flying! Be Safe!
Sat,
I have no problem with objective comparisons and legitimate criticism. Solo had a bad launch, etc. and the problems you mention are legit. If I could afford another bird I wouldn't be opposed to trying something else to see how it performs for myself.

I looked hard at the Phantom 3 but was scared off by the horror stories about tech support and "flyaways". To my knowledge the flyaway problem has not been fixed-please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, this forum is for people who like and believe in Solo and 3DR. Nobody likes someone else bashing their "team".
(Saying Solo, etc. is sh** , is bashing- factually listing deficiencies is not so much).

So if you are no longer a fan of Solo that's fine. The people on this forum are familiar with DJI and the Phantom line. If they wanted to fly Phantoms they would be on that forum, not here.

With that in mind I don't see any reason for you to be here- we know the issues with both birds so it is the courts' ruling that you are "trolling" and the court hereby orders that you be "ignored" by all forum members.

It is also ordered that everybody on Facebook "unfriend" you.:p

Court stands in recess.

Sat,
I have no problem with objective comparisons and legitimate criticism. Solo had a bad launch, etc. and the problems you mention are legit. If I could afford another bird I wouldn't be opposed to trying something else to see how it performs for myself.

I looked hard at the Phantom 3 but was scared off by the horror stories about tech support and "flyaways". To my knowledge the flyaway problem has not been fixed-please correct me if I'm wrong.

However, this forum is for people who like and believe in Solo and 3DR. Nobody likes someone else bashing their "team".
(Saying Solo, etc. is sh** , is bashing- factually listing deficiencies is not so much).

So if you are no longer a fan of Solo that's fine. The people on this forum are familiar with DJI and the Phantom line. If they wanted to fly Phantoms they would be on that forum, not here.

With that in mind I don't see any reason for you to be here- we know the issues with both birds so it is the courts' ruling that you are "trolling" and the court hereby orders that you be "ignored" by all forum members.

It is also ordered that everybody on Facebook "unfriend" you.:p

Court stands in recess.
True Story!!

Reactions: jibcamera
We landed on the moon like twelve times. So I guess we've gone to Mars if you add the distance. I few my P4 12 miles yesterday.
The Solo is lucky to get a half a mile out of box in town anywhere.Then I dumped the Toy Novelty 3DR Gismo trying to get distance and obtain customer phone service and purchased a real aerial photography platform in the Phantom-IV. If you have not owned and used "not played with" one of these P4 bad boys you do not know what you have in Drone technical advancements available. !

You really must spend a lot of time measurebating. I own two P4's now (one a rental and backup for rider calls) and you've got one half of the description right. "Bad." And like you said, "you do not know what you have in Drone technical advancement." Reading you is like listening to a virgin describe great sex.

Still find it pathetic you lack the balls to admit an error.
BTW, DJI is sponsoring the UAV conference at which I'm speaking tomorrow. It's 1795.00. I offered you a free seat if you have the courage to show up and introduce yourself. I'd love a photo with a dude that lacks the testicles to eat crow.
Being lonely and trolling definitely works fer ya though, gotta give you that.

leave us serious experienced dronies alone

I would like to send you a cleaning bill for the Gatorade I spit on my clothes and monitor, just out of the sheer humor and irony found in your post.:);):Do_O
You coming into the House of Solo, bitch, piss, and moan, and tell the people living in this house to "leave you *serious* dronies alone?" Are you delusional? (that's called a rhetorical question).

Last edited:
12 miles? Must have superb eyesight. Not to mention special clearance to disregard safe flight etiquette. Awesome!

Ok I tried to be reasonable, now I am just going to ignore you. #troll

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44