3rd party camera

Reaction score
I found a cheap gopro imitation at a local flea market and took a chance on it. I connected it to my solo, but received no picture in the solo app. This is the first time connecting any camera to my solo and I wanted to know if anyone had suggestions.

Only thing I have done is connect the HDMI cable. Not sure if there are any settings that need to be changed or checked.

Thanks

I found a cheap gopro imitation at a local flea market and took a chance on it. I connected it to my solo, but received no picture in the solo app. This is the first time connecting any camera to my solo and I wanted to know if anyone had suggestions.

Only thing I have done is connect the HDMI cable. Not sure if there are any settings that need to be changed or checked.

Thanks
I tried connecting a cheap 4k camera like you did to the HDMI connection on the camera and had the same results. I had a
GitUp Git1 camera that I used on an old X380 and tried it and it did work. Either the pinout on the cheap cameras is different
or they aren't even wired on these cameras? You can check on YouTube for reviews on cameras that work with the Solo.
I know the GitUp cameras, Firefly 7s and ThiEYE work from the reviews.

I tried connecting a cheap 4k camera like you did to the HDMI connection on the camera and had the same results. I had a
GitUp Git1 camera that I used on an old X380 and tried it and it did work. Either the pinout on the cheap cameras is different
or they aren't even wired on these cameras? You can check on YouTube for reviews on cameras that work with the Solo.
I know the GitUp cameras, Firefly 7s and ThiEYE work from the reviews.
A lot of the cheap Chinese cameras skimp on the image processing chip and as a result simply don't have the horsepower to simltaneously output to the HDMI port and another source whether that is the little screen on the back or the file system.

Also some of them need to have HDMI output enabled in settings.

A lot of the cheap Chinese cameras skimp on the image processing chip and as a result simply don't have the horsepower to simltaneously output to the HDMI port and another source whether that is the little screen on the back or the file system.

Also some of them need to have HDMI output enabled in settings.
I think a fella gets what he pays for! :( The cheap camera I bought was recommended as a cheap alternative by a fella that flies a Solo so
I'm wondering if he was flying just with the camera filming video and no FPV? His other reviews on the Solo were all done with a GoPro Hero4.

with the cheap one's its either you can record or ffv but not both at the same time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo