3DR Solo - OpenSolo v2.5-RC2 - FPV Noob has a crash! [Tactic FPV-C1]

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Testing out my Tactic FPV-C1 as an FPV camera with my brand-new Master Airscrew props when I have a bit of difficulty seeing and plow into a fence. Awesome!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Video Source: Lumia 650 / RunCamHD2
Audio Source: Lumia 650 / RunCamHD2
Music Source:
Video Editing: ShotCut
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dialog in this video is hilarious. But none the less it's nice to see some traditional FPV video gear attached. Cool stuff.

Only little suggestion... people have a tendency to read titles and not bother with content or context. The title of the thread and video would imply that the crash was a result of Open Solo and is a little misleading.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Thanks for sharing. Solo is one tough drone!
You're welcome! Solo survived 100% intact, minus me needing to snap the body back into alignment with the battery tray. Not a mark on it otherwise. Flew it again yesterday after checking logs in MP and it all seems to be as it was before the crash. Really tough bird :) As much as I enjoyed my RC Logger EYE One Xtreme, it never would have survived this type of impact. Ditto for my Dromida Ominus' geartrain (I would have stripped the gears at least).

Now to figure out how to crank the rates up higher than "Rabbit".
The dialog in this video is hilarious. But none the less it's nice to see some traditional FPV video gear attached. Cool stuff.

Only little suggestion... people have a tendency to read titles and not bother with content or context. The title of the thread and video would imply that the crash was a result of Open Solo and is a little misleading.
My wife takes great joy in my little RC failures ;) It's wonderful to share a hobby with a loved one, especially when they offer such support! Haha. No, but seriously, I'm glad she joins me and has her fun with it as well.

Noted, I'll adjust them accordingly.

Hey. In your defense, it was a backstop- so the height differences are substantial to that of the common “ fence.” And it only cost you a set of props- one tough bird!!
And even while she heckled you- you maintained your dignity!

but did you really run into the same backstop with a different drone?

Hey. In your defense, it was a backstop- so the height differences are substantial to that of the common “ fence.” And it only cost you a set of props- one tough bird!!
And even while she heckled you- you maintained your dignity!
My forehead vein about to leap out of my skin gives me away, though :p

but did you really run into the same backstop with a different drone?
No, not a drone, my sailplane that I waited two years to build/fly until after I finished my thesis. Flying it was my reward to myself.
That fence and I have a history... It slayed my sailplane 6s into my first fixed-wing flight...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

maybe another trip over to THAT backstop with a sawzall?

you really do maintain your composure. you can usually tell when things go south for me by the mothers grabbing their children and running for their cars-

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl