3DR Solo for use by Veterans and other Disabled Individuals

The use of FPV Glasses unless connected to the ' Controller ' always have a lag. Do you find that FatShark glasses get warm?
I have a SkyZone 3D kit which is great for Thermal Imaging.
The problem with any type of FPV Glasses is that you cannot physically see the Drone which is a must!
The great use of the SmartGlass is they are completely see through, using a Totum 5.8G to Wireless really is great. I'm able to view everything around me, FPV works perfectly. It then shows the 3dr Solo system and allows for control.
The SmartGlasses are of course a great way for interaction.
They are then useful as an EMS Drone monitoring system! Something that those with Disabilities can become involved with!
Independent Living Without Fear!

The use of FPV Glasses unless connected to the ' Controller ' always have a lag. Do you find that FatShark glasses get warm?
I have a SkyZone 3D kit which is great for Thermal Imaging.
The problem with any type of FPV Glasses is that you cannot physically see the Drone which is a must!
The great use of the SmartGlass is they are completely see through, using a Totum 5.8G to Wireless really is great. I'm able to view everything around me, FPV works perfectly. It then shows the 3dr Solo system and allows for control.
The SmartGlasses are of course a great way for interaction.
They are then useful as an EMS Drone monitoring system! Something that those with Disabilities can become involved with!
Independent Living Without Fear!

Yes, my FS goggles can get too warm & fog (regardless of the little fan on top). Can you display the Solo app on your SmartGlass device? If so, you would have the virtual reality markers to show you where your drone is as well as heading & other info.

Anyway, thanks for the update & Clear Skies to you & yours!

As the SmartGlasses are the equivalent of having an Android Tablet / Phone directly on your face! Everything that any of the Android Apps available for the 3dr Solo display on the SmartGlasses! Just with a lot more features like AR direct views.
It looks amazing and with the included special Finger 3D Gesture mouse with user assigned button is impressive.
I have been lucky enough to be able to use the SmartGlasses well ahead of many users.
I'm going to develop an app using the relevant SDK's from both 3D Robotics and the SmartGlasses Manufacturer. I'm including an ' Emergency Search & Rescue ' system.
I should have some images of the ' 3dr Solo Drone ' itself either today or tomorrow.
This is real Freedom for Disabled Individuals, Veterans and Others who can pilot a Drone for many reasons!

That sounds like an amazing idea! Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to seeing how far the technology can be furthered.

My best to you and yours,

LAK

I will post a picture of me wearing the ' Adapted Controller ' from the wheelchair wearing the ' Chest Strap ', everything I have developed including the 3D Printed Flap for the camera control can all be easily removed! Something that was very important to be able to do! It means that it can then be sold if upgrading to a different Drone!
It's not just limited to use by Disabled Individuals as the 2w Boosters extend range, the tablet holder will hold both Apple iPad and any 7" Android tablet for much clearer imaging. With 3 Way HDMI Splitter share views from the Drone to FPV Glasses that support HDMI input. No lag at all, less over heating as not using transceiver just the Display. Handy dual USB output RavPower 16500 power bank / charger for both the 2w Signal Boosters or charging your iOS / Android Device.
I will weigh the controller as the whole body is Aluminum.
Let me know if you want me to upload the Gesture Controller which I'm also using in the ' 3D Printed Robotic Prosthetic Real Functioning Hand ' the other part of the ' e-Wheelchair ' project, products, devices for Disabled Individuals and Veterans. I have called it the " Hand Of Heroes " !, having huge problems trying to get it classed as a ' Disability Aid ' rather than a ' Medical Device ' . This is because the US Government / FDA has to make money !!! Disgusting really, as there are so many opportunities to make real changes to enhance the lives of many from Children to Adults without limbs.

Wow, sounds like an uphill battle with all the buracracy! I'm using an 'Ultimate Range Booster Kit" I got through Amazon for my solo as needed (2 three watt, bidirectional booster amps with Lipo battery mounted in a 3D printed carrier that bolts under the controller). It has all the range I need when I need it, otherwise I keep the amps powered down.

I'll bring up the gesture controller to the folks from the VA Spinal Cord Injury Team here at our next meet & greet in September.

Keep up the good work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela