3DR SOLO DRONE MY FIRST FLIGHT OUT OF THE BOX

Reaction score
Website
ronedmondsphotography.wordpress.com
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

VIMEO VERSION: Living in DC, one of the toughest no-fly zones in the country, I tried to take advantage of our beach trip and give my birthday gift a try. Although you should learn in an open field I took a gamble and flew near the water. It’s a little tense as a grand's worth of toys heads out over the open water. Fortunately, the 3DR drone flew flawlessly. It’s amazing how steady the gimbals keep the GoPro camera even with a breeze. Flying it and watching your camera angles gets a little hectic, but the computer in the drone is pretty good at assisting. It was a fun learning week. It was my first flight ever with a drone, so you can see how user-friendly it is, of course, I spent a lot of time watching vids and playing with the simulator.

Last edited:

VIMEO VERSION: Living in DC, one of the toughest no-fly zones in the country, I tried to take advantage of our beach trip and give my birthday gift a try. Although you should learn in an open field I took a gamble and flew near the water. It’s a little tense as a grand's worth of toys heads out over the open water. Fortunately, the 3DR drone flew flawlessly. It’s amazing how steady the gimbals keep the GoPro camera even with a breeze. Flying it and watching your camera angles gets a little hectic, but the computer in the drone is pretty good at assisting. It was a fun learning week. It was my first flight ever with a drone, so you can see how user-friendly it is, of course, I spent a lot of time watching vids and playing with the simulator.
Congratulations Sir proving my words "Ready out of the BOX" & fun to fly.
Welcome to 3DRpilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Edmonds
Welcome to the forum, Ron. That was a very nice job right out of the box. I loved the sunset scenes. Keep up the good work, and we look forward to seeing more of your flights.

Reactions: Ron Edmonds

Here is the vacation version link with some family images included. I usually make a video after each year's vacation on the Chesapeake Bay and it was fun this year adding the new perspective to the video. It makes a great remembrance of this year's vacation. Again I have to say the 3DR was flawless for this first-time drone pilot. I, of course, I watched all of the how to videos I could and practiced with the simulator ap also. I literally took it out of the box and as you can see flew the very first time, of course, I had it at it's slowest speeds and took my time. After retiring as a photojournalist for forty years, Ron Edmonds Photography , I look forward to learning this new craft. The website is a great asset for a newbie like me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44