3dr Solo - Any insight from Solo Owners sought

KLP

Reaction score
I purchased a 3dr Solo and received it in late June. I updated the app before the first flight as stated by 3dr. I flew 2 short flights with no issues, then just a few days ago July 9 / 10 I received an update notice for the app, did that update but then just got solid green lights on my solo and a "waiting for solo" indication on the controller. Called 3dr help line and got instructions to reset etc... but ultimately they were not able to fix the problem. I am still getting solid green lights on the solo, with a "waiting for solo" message on the controller. And still waiting for 3dr to get back to me with a solution after 4 days. Anyone else having this issue? I am still within the 30 days money back guarantee, anyone else got their money back or a new solo replacement from 3dr?

A couple of thoughts, if you have a Windows based PC and know a little about Windows..

Do you have a PC with a wireless adapter?
If so, do you see the Solo's Controller as an available network? (something like sololink_12ABC3)
If so, can you join it with your PC? (the default password is sololink, unless you changed it.)
If so, can you ping it? ( from a command prompt, type PING 10.1.1.1 )
....it should reply with something like:
Code:
C:\Users\Admin>PING 10.1.1.1
Pinging 10.1.1.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 10.1.1.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Reply from 10.1.1.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Reply from 10.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 10.1.1.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64

If so, then can you ping the Solo? ( from a command prompt, type PING 10.1.1.10 )
Does it reply like the Controller, or does it get an error like:
Code:
PING 10.1.1.10
Pinging 10.1.1.10 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 10.1.1.10: Destination host unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

This would tell you if the Solo is actually booting or not.

I purchased a 3dr Solo and received it in late June. I updated the app before the first flight as stated by 3dr. I flew 2 short flights with no issues, then just a few days ago July 9 / 10 I received an update notice for the app, did that update but then just got solid green lights on my solo and a "waiting for solo" indication on the controller. Called 3dr help line and got instructions to reset etc... but ultimately they were not able to fix the problem. I am still getting solid green lights on the solo, with a "waiting for solo" message on the controller. And still waiting for 3dr to get back to me with a solution after 4 days. Anyone else having this issue? I am still within the 30 days money back guarantee, anyone else got their money back or a new solo replacement from 3dr?
I would call them. They have been pretty good at support. I know they are probably pretty busy but they will help you out.
You probably need to do a complete reset but I would let them walk you through it on the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela